TN: 2011 Longplay Pinot Noir Lia's Vineyard

2011 Longplay Pinot Noir Lia’s Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Chehalem Mountains (8/31/2015)
Medium ruby with light earthy cherry nose. Dry with light mineral, tart red berry with some lemon and blood orange, light fruit and body, some light tannins. Balanced more toward the acid side on the second night. (90 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

I’ve got a couple of these that, like all the '11s, I hesitate to open. Ready, or not ready?

P Hickner

I had one recently and it was nice, but not terribly interesting. There’s no rush on this.

• 2011 Longplay Pinot Noir Lia’s Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Chehalem Mountains (10/23/2016)
    Dark ruby with ripe strawberries, raspberries on the nose. Open a day and the fruit has blossomed with cherries, raspberries and cranberries, just a hint of spritz. Medium bold fruit with a nice acid for balance, some metallic mineral leading to lightly integrated stemmy blackberry cane tannins. Drinking pleasantly now and should be nicely rewarded with more time in the bottle. I love the tart fruit. Enjoy after giving a little time to open. (91 pts.)

Thanks Dennis – I opened a 2012 Lia’s Jory Bench Reserve recently that was gorgeous. Yes, a bit big boned relative to what I usually drink but really enjoyable!

I had this very wine on Thursday and really liked it a lot. I think your most recent note is very accurate. I was surprised at the richness–seemed like it had perhaps put on a bit of weight, although I may be making that up.
People will probably think I’m an idiot (true!) but I thought this bore a strong resemblance to the 2014 PG Berserker’s Cuvée. A pleasure to drink.

Here’s one from a reorder of a BD purchase:

• 2011 Longplay Pinot Noir Lia’s Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (3/9/2018)
    Opened three days ago and had a sip each night. nothing really grabbed me, but tonight has opened up giving some tart red berry, medium fruit and body with some cane tannins. Dark ruby with a light bramble nose. Somewhat restrained and well balanced, pomegranates and red currants, some strawberries round out the fruit flavors with a little sour sorrel tossed in for good measure. All said after waiting a few days, this has become a very satisfying, refreshing daily drinker with an acid focus that floats my boat. Even better on the next night. No hurry here. (91 pts.)