TNs: '10 Bachey Legros Meursault & '05 Joblot Servoisine

Tonight was a fun night of sampling some Burgs from producers I’ve had no prior experience with. At the end of the day, I was especially impressed with their QPRs.

Up first, the 2010 Bachey-Legros impressed from the get go. This really speaks to the terroir of Meursault. There’s a fat, concentrated oiliness to this wine, yet it remains light and ethereal in weight. There’s bright and focused citrus fruits and a decent amount of chalk to boot. I love the richness, focus, and balance this white Burg exudes at 5 years of age. 90 pts.

Most Burgundy producers killed it in '05, and this under-the-radar Givry was no exception. This is a delicate and refined style of Pinot noir. Sure, it’s not super complex, but what it has, it flaunts effortlessly. The tannins have softened to reveal an elegant wine that smells of beef stock, soy, and lavenders. On the palate, this has soy, rose petals, and dried cranberries on an impressively lengthy and uplifting finish of tingly acid and bliss. Very impressed and still a great deal at 43ish dollars. 90+ pts.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

love Joblot and have 2 cases of the 05 in the cellar.

Ready Mark ?