Retailer Feedback: Vinopolis?

Can anyone comment about Vinopolis in Oregon, specifically with respect to pre-arrival wines?
Thanks
Alex

I bought 2008 Produttori Reservas and they arrived within 30-60 days of when they told me over the phone. I would gladly buy again from them.

There’s a multi page thread on Vinopolis feedback floating around somewhere. I’ve always enjoyed visiting their store when I’m in Portland but can’t add anything else.

Good prices, weird website, expensive shipping.

thanks. I found the thread. All set.
A

I saw a box with Trimpi on it awhile back when picking up some OR PN. [wow.gif]

Must have been a case of 2012 Domaine Serene :slight_smile:

This.

Good experience…dont recall shipping being that bad.

Actually owned a bottle of Evenstad once. Pretty sure it was an '04. Crowd pleaser.

Dan carries a large inventory. They don’t do business with customers using the Premier Cru model.

RT

Got ya! neener

$59 ground for a case west coast to east coast approaches bad in my mind, but the specials and good service can more than make up for it.

Shipping to WA is a flat $20 per ORDER! So clearly YMMV.

I’ve had great results buying from them over many years - they seem to have particularly good prices on Italian wines.

But this is just online - I’ve never been there to their store.

Very trustworthy. Bought both online and in the store.

Very good experiences too. Also, the chilliest wine store I’ve ever been in. And now with the recent move, they’ve got parking.

What Ted said. Excellent store. The store manager told me there’s a direct importer of Italian wines based in Portland, which is why their Italian prices and selection are so good (after I asked). Also their Oregon section is excellent and inexpensive, not surprisingly. At least in the old store they had 4-5 wines open under argon to taste by the glass, which is fun.

Standard ground shipping for a 12 pack to Colorado is ~$50 with Vinopolis, that’s annoying. Many retailers in California like WineBid and K&L are about half that much.