Parker 2013 Napa Reviews in October-Predictions?

What do you think will get 100 points?

My guess is:
2013 Myriad Elysian
2013 Carter GTO
2013 Bevan Wildefoote
2013 Bevan Tin Box
2013 Bevan Impetus
2012 Shafer HSS

Materium
Schrader CCS
Vine Hill Ranch

Spottswoode
Dominus
Caymus SS

Mike have you had the opportunity to try the 2013 VHR? If so interested in your thoughts/notes.

Kapcsandy GV
Kapcsandy Roberta’s Reserve
Carter’s 3 Kings & GTO
12c G3
Schrader RBS & LBV
Saxum James Berry
Bevan Wildefoote
Myriad Elysian
Rivers Marie Calistoga

I predict I won’t care. :slight_smile:

Caymus SS
Harlan
Verite Le Desir
Colgin IX

Oh, you mean those are the ones I don’t buy. Good. Here’s hoping.

Bevan Tin Box
Bevan Wildfoote
Harbison Trail
Odette Reserve
Fairchild Stones No. 2

sorry, Robert Parker actually tastes California wines and gives them ratings still?

+1, and I also don’t think as many 2013s will get 100 points as 2012. It’s a more tannic year.

Hi Ian,

I have not heard anyone describe 2013 as a more “tannic” year until now. Everyone I’ve talked to has described it as a more “refined” or even a more “feminine” year than 2012. Does your impression result from your tastings or from winemakers comments (or both)?

Tasting pre-bottling. The 2012s are much richer and flashier now, with sweeter tannins. I found a lot of tannin in many of the wines between February and July. Galloni is all over 2013, as I would have suspected. Hopefully, bottling did the wines good.

Thanks Ian. I can agree whole heartedly with the characterization of the 2012s as richer with sweet tannins. We’ll have to wait and see what bottling does for the 2013s.

bevan wildfoote
bevan mcgah-thus becoming the first producer with back to back 100 point wines from rutherford.
bevan sugarloaf
bevan tin box
harbison the trail
abreu thorevilos
abreu madrona
abreu howell mtn
carter three kings
carter GTO
Tor black magic
2013 aubert lauren
morlet force de la nature
screagle
kapscandy grand vin
realm absurd
futo-oakville
colgin cariad
schrader rbs

2013 tannins are harder and the wines overall are more brooding,IMO.

this was a serious question. why do people refer to these are Parker 2013 Napa reviews? Does he actually taste these wines?

Yes, he is back to reviewing some wines. Here is the current listed calendar…

He reviewed Bordeaux 2012 in April and Bordeaux 2005 in June. He’s on the hook for Napa Valley in October and Sonoma in December.

Parker is currently here in the valley tasting.

Do we know where he has tasted this week so far?

I think today was screagle but i could be wrong.