TN: Two For Dinner...(short/boring)

Had these last night w/ dinner:

1. Carlisle CMP WW (Colombard/Muscadelle/Palomino; 225 cs; 13.3%; Planted: 1895-1020) Windsor 2013: Med.light yellow color; quite fragrant pineapple/mango/carnations/floral some stony/chalky Savoie-like lovely nose; fairly tart somewhat rich/lush strong mango/light pineapple/floral/carnations some stony/chalky/mineral flavor; very long/lingering quite floral/carnations/mango/pineapple some stony/chalky/mineral finish; a very interesting/compelling white like from the Savoie; a steal at $22.00

1. Ridge Calif Zin YorkCreek/NapaVlly (13% YorkCreek PS; 14.8%; bttld: March 2006; Drk: 10/06-10/11-10/13: EB/PD) 2004: Dark color; strong vanilla/Am.oak/Ridge oak/DraperPerfume very strong raspberry/Zin/very spicy slight earthy/dusty/OV bit alcoholic complex nose; slightly tart very ripe/raspberry/Zin/very spicy/blackberry strong vanilla/Am.oak/smokey/DP slightly hot/alcoholic flavor w/ light smooth/gentle tannins; very long/lingering bit alcoholic/hot very strong raspberry/Zin/blackberry/very spicy strong vanilla/oak/DP some complex finish w/ light gentle tannins; this wine is really singing and probably purt-near its peak.

And a wee BloodyPulpit:

1. CMP: I hate wines like this. Casting about for something to drink whilst I’m cooking dinner, I thought I should try a CMP again. The stuff was so lip-smacking good that by the time I sat down for dinner an hour later, the bottle was drained.
    I Pobega’d this wine when it arrived last Spring. Thought it was pretty tasty but not a whole lot of fruit to it and on the lean/mineral side. In the intervening months, the wine has developed a lot more fragrance and seems to have put on weight. It reminds me of a very good Savoie Altesse or Jacquere.
    To think that this wine was almost bulked out by Mike. Thanks you Kendall for rescuing this for us.
    I have a pretty good feel for the old-vine character in Zin. For whites, I’m still trying to figure that one out.
    Tom