Article,Erosion in Vosne....

My english is really bad,but i think is a interesting read(many chapters).
Understanding the Terroir of Burgundy: Part 4.2 Erosion: fundamentally changing terroir

Fascinating Roman.
thank you.

so the secret to prevention is poop and grass.

Hi Roman, thanks for sharing my article/s. They have been a labor of love for sure. I’ve enjoyed turning over every stone (pun intended) in really exploring what “terroir” actually means and the many interactions of factors that impact it. Some were remarkable revelations, at least to me.
Hi Alan, As I’m sure you assume, I think its a lot more complicated than that. But historically those are two of the lesser explored options in Burgundy, and at a minimum those studies show marl to be far less prone to erosion when there is good soil structure and some kind of cover crop. With the risks to such valuable property so high, with current regulations not allowing exogenous soil additions, this seems to be a prudent step.

If you have an interest in soils, and particularly the soils of Burgundy and how they were formed, then Dean has written an outstanding series of articles. These are the first three in the series:

Thank you Peter! You are very kind.