TN: 2012 Robert Mondavi Winery Fumé Blanc To-Kalon I Block

• 2012 Robert Mondavi Winery Fumé Blanc To-Kalon I Block - USA, California, Napa Valley (7/19/2015)
    Pretty similar to the 11 I had a couple months ago…maybe a little more weight with the riper fruit. A wine like no other….peach, melon, grapefruit, lemon citrus….as well as what I perceive as tropical, with some pineapple, banana skin, coconut creme…….the fruit is perfectly ripe, but there is SO much freshness with the citrus acidity, as well as the stony minerality……gives you a perfect balance of ripeness and refreshing weightlessness. But it’s the exotic flavors that make it unique….banana wax, white honey butter, smoked rosemary skewered pineapple, lemon grass, vanilla bean….little petrol, chalky and salty. Very tasty and refreshing now in its youth…but also really satisfying knowing that this can go 20+yrs! Again…history in a glass…love this stuff!! (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Is this only available at the winery?

Yes…and in person, no online sales.

WTG Buzz.

I want your case Doc! :stuck_out_tongue:

Come visit and we will pull corks!

I bought this during a visit back in May. They were selling the 11 and 12 but only tasting the 12. The guy at the counter talked me out of the 11 but I may go back and buy it soon.

What’s the tariff?

There is no tariff because it isn’t exported.

$90?

And one of my very favorite labels. I first saw it when the 1996 came out.