Cellar management apps

Looking for an easy to use cellar management app for iPhone. Thanks in advance.

CellarTracker. Use the iPhone App for it, or Cor.kz.

CT fanboy here.

Start by using the website so you get the full experience and understand all the capabilities.

The phone apps are new, cool, but they don’t have all the features yet. Does have barcode and label scanning though which is a hot feature.

CellarTracker. Nothing else comes close.

+1000

Cellar Tracker is very comprehensive and easy to manipulate. Give it a shot!

No recommendations for GrapeStories? :slight_smile:

CellarTracker for sure.

Agreed.

I use an Excel spreadsheet and Dropbox for mobile/remote accessibility. Works fine.

Maybe it’s just because I’m used to it, but i like my (fairly simple) information format and, most of all, the ability to show a single line with all the locations where I have bottles of a given wine. Not a knock on CT at all, though, and obviously I don’t get all the integration/social features it comes with. I just find my set-up streamlined and efficient.

My Wines? newhere [stirthepothal.gif]

I’ve been using cellar tracker for several years now. I use it on my iPhone and I’m very happy with it. What I like the most about it…is that it appears to be in line with my view of the wine community. Which is to say that it’s about sharing…and given that it’s free I find myself compelled to donate every year when I hit my anniversary. I’m probably weird in that…if they were to start to charge, even less then what I pay. I’d find an alternative like your Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. By virtue of the fact that it’s free for all…I find myself wanting to pay. Weird…you’d almost think there’s a TED talk on something like this…oh wait.

Is there actually a TED talk on something like this?

Thank you everyone for all of the kind words. It is really pleasing to know that you enjoy CellarTracker.

Eric, there is a Ted Talk by Amanda Palmer (a musician) that talks about the bands success by giving their music away and asking for donations. I think it’s called “the art of asking”. By the way…thank you thank you.

For years I did this, but it became too cumbersome to keep updated with the information I wanted (purchase info, tasting notes, etc). Uploaded my spreadsheet to CT and away I went. Even if you don’t use any of the social features, or even the bottle labels, to me it was a significant step up from the spreadsheet approach in terms of ease of use and keeping updated (indeed, for a while that’s really all I did with it).

I use Cellartracker and have zero complaints. My cellar is not arranged by varietal, winemaker, winery, etc. I simply enter new wines into CT, find an empty slot and then print a barcode label for it. When I remove a bottle from the cellar, I scan it with my phone to mark it removed.

CT can be used free, but it is so valuable I am happy to pay for it.

I like to be super organized and use CT with an Excel down load from Richard Sandler for a representative rack view which I update regularly. The PGC Berserker wines have pretty much filled every available space with little rhyme or reason. I am trying to not let it bother me too much. [snort.gif]

CT here, too, and very happy.

JD

CT. All this would be very difficult without it. Double deep horizontal cellar is hard to browse. Annual support contribution is done with a smile.

CT!!