Any Graham's Vintage Port fans looking for a decent deal?

PM me if so. There’s a site offering 1985 at a very nice price. There were 90 bottles last night, and only 30 now.

Pm sent

PM replied to.

In case anyone is wondering, I asked about bottle condition and received a pic from the place:

No signs of seepage and the bottles are in good cosmetic shape too.

Great Port. My favorite of the 1985’s along with the Fonseca.

Thanks,
Ed

Those would be a late release ex-cellars as they are imported by PPW, the Symington’s USA import arm that wasn’t around in the late 80’s.

There seems to be a bit of variation in the bottles and labels. I’ve had '85 Graham’s with 2 different fonts on the labels…

… and even one green bottle without the raised relief seal on the shoulder. [scratch.gif] It’s all good to me - what’s on the inside is what counts.

Normal for back then. And the labels are just the difference between the earlier release and later ex-cellar release through PPW as mentioned.

Is everyone broke around here? [rofl.gif] Despite all the PMs, the same 30 bottles remain…but that may change after they open for business and update the quantity. Sharing the link so the lurkers can grab it:

http://www.winecellarage.com/1985-graham-vintage-port.html

Drink up!

EDIT: added a smiley and changed the wording so nobody misinterprets the joke as anything else.

the webpage is a PITA. It takes forever to load…hard to search for other wines to buy too.

Thanks for the heads up ordered some for delivery and will try and get thee over the weekend to buyout the remaining stock as a heads up. So if you want any please purchase between now and Friday evening. I think they had 20 left.

No shipping to Texas.

Thanks for the tip.

Got some thank you

I do not need any but I have had this port a few times and it is very nice. Thanks for the PSA>

Thanks for posting this… my sister turns 30 in a few weeks, and this is a perfect birth-year bottle for the occasion.

Down to 15 now.

That really sucks. [cry.gif] Do you know of an intermediary freight company? For instance, when we make purchases from California wineries that don’t ship to NJ, we use Portland Wine Storage.

A great excuse to buy!

Just picked up 2 of the last 7 btls If anyone wants some better grab it…luckily I am only shipping 1 state away

I picked up a few. Thanks for corrupting me, Dennis (not that it’s hard to do).

I prefer the term “enabling”. [cheers.gif] Besides, Port can age for DECADES so there’s all the justification anyone needs. Hell, I already had 8 bottles of the '85 myself along with various amounts of '66, '70, '77, '83, and '03 - and that doesn’t count other brands of vintage Port, tawny, or LBV Port - but you can’t pass up what amounts to 28% off current market pricing.

• 3 left - and I just got a PM from a member that’s seriously considering grabbing those.

… aaaaaand gone. [bye.gif]

Glad some fellow berzerkers could grab a few bottles before the deal disappeared. [highfive.gif]