Article about French Laundry Heist

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-wine-detective-french-laundry-heist/

I have been wondering when we would read more about this story. Very interesting. My money is on Maureen to find the perps!

Interesting, however some errors in article. I don’t believe Kurniawan ever sold the so-called Thomas Jefferson bottles (as stated near the end of the article) , it was Rodenstock , as stated earlier in the story.

They got em. Luckily not berserkers! [snort.gif]

Most of the wine bottles stolen from The French Laundry were recovered in Greensboro, North Carolina by Napa County law enforcement and returned to the restaurant in January 2015

They even waited for shipping season! :slight_smile:

Crime doesn’t pay!

Transporting but not stealing? There is more to this story.

I would think that the FBI is going to offer them a deal if they’ll testify against the other parties involved.

The theft was local. Transporting across state lines makes it Federal. Hey, they nailed Al Capone for tax evasion!

How do the authorities know that the thieves were after bottles of DRC in the attempted Prima break-in?

Didn’t the article say they had stolen some before, and the new (improved) alarm went off the 2nd and 3rd attempts? Did I read that wrong? Given the other thefts, it was a safe assumption they were looking for more of the same.

Does anyone know who/what the indicted persons did, beyond their alleged extracurriculars?

Are they in the wine business?

Has anyone really not finished their MS exam because of a twisted ankle??

My Guess. We won’t ever find out the name of the person who commissioned the theft.

Big Deal. The thief, Davis Kiryakoz, is sentenced to a whopping 15 months in jail.

Kiryakoz also acknowledged stealing an additional $320,000 worth of wine from a steak house and a wine store.

Alfred Georgis, the co-conspirator, is waiting to be prosecuted. If all he gets is 15 months in jail, why waste the time and money.

Steal close to a million dollars of goods, in three thefts, and you only get 15 months? Wow, that’ll teach 'em a lesson! Almost as severe as getting whipped with a wet noodle.

Hey, it’s more than Dennis Hastert got.

Well, there’s that!