TN: 2013 Burn Cottage Pinot Noir Cashburn

• 2013 Burn Cottage Pinot Noir Cashburn - New Zealand, South Island, Otago, Central Otago (5/22/2015)
    I was going to refrain from noting on this wine as it had the same name as my ex’s nickname, Cashburn.
    Pretty dark color on this, it’s quite intense. Nose shows a black-red fruit profile with some black raspberries and orange zest. It is beautifully fragrant and precise. Palate shows a deft selection of black raspberries, blackberries and pomegranate. An interesting array of spring flowers really add to the over-all package. Overall balance is really nice with a densely structured mouth-feel. Tannin are well rounded and acidity profound. Finish shows all of this for minutes.
    After just having the 2013 Burn Cottage this past Wednesday, I can tell you this is made in the same vein, just easily approachable and forward. it shows some elegance and style of it’s big brother. I think this achieves exactly with it sets out to do, give you enjoyment now while you wait the 4-5 years until the Burn Cottage bottling hits a stride. Much better than I expected. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker