NoK - No wine for me

Email received - more environmentally conscious than the old post card. I guess they sent today since the last show for Dave “No soup for you” Letterman is tonight.:

Dear Wine Lover -

Please feel certain that it is with marked uneasiness, that unfortunately we once again do not have enough of this latest release, the 2012 Next of Kyn No. 6, to be able to offer you some. Although we would much rather send you an offer to purchase Instead, this “home vineyard” project is still greatly limited and there just isn’t enough wine to reach everyone who has voiced interest. We feel it is only respectful and appropriate to at least let you know that we will never lose sight of you and at a minimum notify you as to the new wine’s essence. We are so thoroughly apologetic to have to request you to continue to be understanding. We are growing, just not nearly at the same rate as the interest for this wine has grown. For your enlightenment, the wine is a cuvee of 38.0% Syrah, 37.0% Grenache, 17.4% Petite Sirah and 7.6% Mourvedre that spent some 33 months in barrels of which 54% were new and all French. This wine has been offered up now and will garnish tables beginning in March of 2016. Should any of this lovely wine remain unsold at the end of the release cycle we will, as always, contact you. With that please accept our many thanks for your prodigious willingness to endure the wait and your astounding eagerness for our wares. We most
definitely are appreciative of your homage.

Thank you very kindly and best wishes,

Elaine & Manfred Krankl

Sorry.

I have been on the list for all 6 offers. This time I was bumped from one “case” (3x750 and 1x1.5) to two. Rather than playing games or flipping, I voluntarily reduced my allocation to one box in hopes that someone else would get it.

Animal

I signed up for the original list and have no idea why I was put on the waiting list. No big deal. Saved me thousands of dollars.

Dang!

They need to hook up with the Wagners and get their production up.

From what I remember reading, the list was filled within 2 mins of the email. I signed up same day and it has been nothing but postcards (physical and digital) for me.

Got the same email today as well. Wait til next year – hopefully

Data point - just received my first offer, signed up ~12 minute mark.

Ditto here

I think that is a classy move. I have also been on the list from day one, but was not offered 2 sets. I do get mags and double mags (on occasion).

jay
are you saying you sometimes get d-mags of kyn?

FWIW - I received my first offer but will not be taking it so there will be a little more wine for someone else.

Sorry I was not clear. I was referring to the non NOK offers.

Having been on the SQN list from the start, I always felt left out when others would post about receiving cards from the Krankls apologizing for there not being enough wine to go around. I’m happy to say that with receipt of the NoK “Sorry, no wine for you” email, I am now part of that club. Unfortunately, since they have switched from postcards to emails, I wont be able to use the notices to construct a 12-meter yacht to rival Neal Mollen’s KonTiki.

could gladly send you old postcards for back vintages of SQN on a postcard-per-bottle ratio if it makes you feel better. [cheers.gif]

NOPE, again…6 years worth of NOPE…

Took 8 to get the offer with SQN

+1

unusually high yields… they would rather give a mailing list person an extra allocation, then offer it to a waiting list member if they don’t anticipate that they would be able to offer them an allocation the following year due to reduced yields. it is a balancing act that wineries have to do.

Most wineries selling via mailing lists have multiple tiers. Some people move up over time.