New Bart & Daphne Araujo Project Mailing List Up.... Accendo Cellars

I’ve not had this wine but know the people working on the back end sales site… the website and mail list is now up, fyi. Just thought I would throw that out. Looks like they have a red and white wine and the first release is next year…

Without having talked to Bart and Daphne, I can tell by the lineup that they are aiming for something just a touch different than their last adventure. They have Francois Peschon (Drinkward Peschon, VHR), and then counterpoint that with Michel Rolland. And to top it off, having Steve Matthiason as a vineyard consultant tells me they are trying to get good flavors at lower natural brix levels.

One to watch just on pedigree alone.

Accendo Cellars

Sourced from their own vineyards in Oakville and St. Helena plus purchases from other sites “throughout Napa Valley.” After 20-some years of Eisele’s high quality and distinctiveness, that has to be a bite in the ass, one would think. Are there other estates where Michel Rolland makes old school cabernet?

I cant think of any wines off the top of my head which arent SVD or multi vineyard designates which sell for more than 140. Granted, a wine which claims to be sourced from a few named vineyards but carries a napa ava designation can carry grapes from anywhere within napa they want. Thus, there is always some degree of trust.
Eisele vineyard is a special place. The website is quite vague as to where the new wine is from, this couldnt be any more obvious.
Best of luck to them nevertheless.

Accendo sounds like an instruction on sheet music. When someone wants to pour you a third glass, just say Accendo Non Troppo.