TN: Piper Cellars 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon ::97 points.. Nice job Roy !!!!

TN: Piper Cellars 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon ::97 points… Nice job Roy !!!

Arrived today and since my cousins are young now work with me and are both 21, well I wanted to educate, so we popped one in the name of enlightenment… and they were thankful… !!!

the color is very deep indigo, burgundy

This is a tight wine that needs air and plenty of it to open up… Nose of cinnamon, rose, cranberry, raspberry

mouth feel is tight the tannins float across your palate … the blackberry, cassis, lavender, black pepper, tart cherry, plum, anise with the vanilla almond structure of oak providing balance serves this wine well… with age the score could go up as its near that perfection range…

Nice job Roy !!! 97 points !!!

drink 2016 - 2040

Man…glad to hear it’s that good…just rubs salt in the I missed the cut-off wound. Glad you enjoyed and am happy the wine is showing so well. Fingers crossed for 2013!

97 Points, is that Galloni, Parker, or WS?

Zuccarino.

I stand by that score too !!! 2012 was the best year for cab in Cali maybe in like 40 years …the year G-d touched the grapes …

Rock’n 97 points !!! Conservative score …

We had a bottle over two days: half went into a decanter for SB (couldn’t have any of that b/c of work, all Melinda) and bottle immediately recorked for dinner the next night. My note is only for that portion enjoyed on the second day, from the recorked bottle.

Beautiful wine in color. Nose with dark fruits and tobacco or cigar-club ashtray, plus some background herbal element like menthol or eucalyptus. Mouthfeel totally top shelf and very easy to drink from Riedels while watching yesterday’s epic sunset go thru its motion. Wine would seem stylistically to occupy a space between the old school, or say MacDonald to name a modern product, and then your R-M/Schrader kind of Cabs.

Finish is good and is continuous of the good taste but not especially lengthy, be nice if aging this bottle helps in that regard. Have 5 left and will be in no big rush to get to them. Special occasion kind of Cabernet in this home.
image.jpeg

Maybe a better photo?
image.jpeg

Did some redistributing of bottles this week and another 2012 almost literally jumped at me.

Double decanted for dinner tonight.

Jesus did we suck that down fast. Thank you sir.

I’ve never seen wine fill in the stem of a glass before Glenn! Those are some cool glasses :wink:

RIedel Black-Tie Bordeaux, a 50th B-day gift from my oldest friend. This wine is worth pulling these out!

I had this with a prime strip steak a couple of weeks ago. Definitely a delicious wine that just kept getting better until it was gone. I’m really tempted to open a 2013.