TN: 2012 Liquid Farm Chardonnay Four (USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills)

2012 Liquid Farm Chardonnay Four - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (5/5/2015)
This was opened right out of the cellar, so served at about 55 degrees. It showed pear, lemon and spiced honey and was just a touch heavy at that temperature. After about 30 minutes in the fridge the heaviness was gone, and the overall package was lovely. The fruits picked up greater focus, and the wine showed more depth through the mid palate and finish. I did not get to focus on it as much as I wanted to, but will revisit again, as I liked what I tried.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note!

The Four was truly a nice wine when we had it last year, but sadly, at that price-point, puts them in the range of Ceritas, Rhys and a couple of other chardonnays which are more to our liking. That $70 price range has some keen competition.

Pricing is what will keep me away from it in the future, especially since I like their other, less expensive offerings just as much as Four.

Ditto!!

• 2012 Liquid Farm Chardonnay Four - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (5/1/2016)
    Tremendous showing tonight paired with shrimp and rice. The Four has the most new oak out of the lineup and I lean towards the leaner side of things but this really drank well. Medium plus gold color. don’t know if that’s original or from aging, but beautiful. There’s a creamy texture of marzipan, apple, and just enough acidity to balance the medium plus weight. I wish I had a few bottles to track this wine over time. Excellent.

Posted from CellarTracker