Littorai Open House

Attended the Littorai open house yesterday. No formal notes but a few impressions from some of the 10 wines being poured. Before that, all in all a nice event. All of the pourers were very knowledgable and it was easy to spend as much or as little time with each wine as i wanted to.

The wines.

14 Vin Gris of Pinot - i always enjoy this wine and the 14 is no exception. Apple and grapefruit notes. Very bright wine with plenty of acidity

The Whites - I generally prefer Littorai’s whites and yesterday was no exception. All 4 poured (Heintz, Thieriot, Mays and Tributary) have bright futures ahead of them. On this day the Tributary was the standout. Relatively rich but wonderfully balanced with acidity This was an exceptional drink. 2nd, by a decent margin, was the Thieriot.

Pinots - Of the appelation wines, i preferred the Sonoma coast yesterday. Both were nice, but @ $50 i would either spend $20 for a vineyard designate or buy Rivers Marie Vineyard designates… In terms of the Vineyard designates, I preferred the Mays and Pivot to the Platt vineyard.

Jeff

cheers - cellar door is too far for me
still waiting to even see a Littorai white
michel
australia

My first open house at Littorai, no notes myself either and I had to speed taste a bit as I had somewhere else to be but I found the Thieriot to be the stand out for me along with the Mays. With the Pinot’s I enjoyed the Platt and Pivot the most, with Sonoma Coast a close 2nd/3rd. Les Larames seems like a good AV Pinot at 50 dollars, but I could see your point on buying a Littorai desginate or RM for roughly $70. I look forward to getting a few more of these as they tasted very phenomenal. The snacks were nice too and everyone working there seemed very friendly and helpful, crowd was a pretty funny mix of people IMO, but who am I to judge! Looking to come in for a tasting appointment soon to have some more time there.

This is a lovely event, very cheerful and friendly. With so many Littorai family and friends helping out, it really feels less like a tasting and more like an invitation into a community party. I’m a big fan of the wines, but the event is a treat on its own.

I did not know of the event (not that I could have just flown in…), but Littorai left very good impressions on the whites with me, and their PN’s too! I may need to revisit the rose, as I do not recall as much (I was not that impressed compared with other rose I drink)

Very nice vineyard to visit [cheers.gif]