Some Wines at Camino Thursday Night

I had never had a chance to get over to Camino in Oakland, so a get-together last Thursday seemed like a good opportunity to go. I enjoyed it very much - The bar seems to produce nice drinks (I did not try myself this time), and the menu is limited but interesting. I was very pleased to be able to drop off my wines the day before and they were receptive to my handling requests. :slight_smile:

• 1995 York Creek Vineyards Meritage - USA, California, Napa Valley, Spring Mountain District (4/23/2015)
    Had this about four months ago and this was pleasantly similar. Gorgeous aromatics, leanly fruity with moderately bracing acidity and savory notes throughout. Excellent.
  • 2000 Fattoria Poggio di Sotto Brunello di Montalcino - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (4/23/2015)
    Spicy, savory red fruit with moderately bracing acidity. Leaner than what I expected. Fruit became more prominent as it opened but continued to emphasize flavors like dry spice and sanded wood. Excellent.

I bought a stash of 2005 Dagueneau last year. Before Thursday one was OK and the other was oxidised. So I was prepared with a back-up just in case. Not needed…

• 2005 Didier Dagueneau Pouilly-FumĂ© Silex - France, Loire Valley, Upper Loire, Pouilly-FumĂ© (4/23/2015)
    Amazing freshness and lightness. Subtle flavors of citrus, pear and apple interlaced with discrete minerality. A joy to drink with every sip. Outstanding,on the brink of extraordinary. Totally unexpected performance.