TN: 2000 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles

• 2000 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru (4/26/2015)
    Beautiful golden metallic yellow, evoo color……nose of fresh lemon and limes, peach pit, chalk dust, honey, faint flint strike. This wine is in a perfect place right now……right out of the gate, wonderful balance and pure cream, yet the party is still going on in the background! No signs of anything letting up here……fresh pitted yellow fruit, green apple sautéed in butter, white honey, crushed limestone chalk, flower blossoms……cascade of richness….youthfully alive with cut! Couldn’t ask for much more…GC tastiness all the way! As I said earlier…this wine is in a perfect place right now…as is Anne Claude…RIP. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Lucky guy.
This is a great wine.
Pierre Morey!

The Leflaive 2000’s I have had have been terrific. I was lucky enough to find a bottle of the Montrachet on a list a couple years ago for 690 Euros. An amazing wine, as is the Chevalier. Yes, Don, to Pierre Morey for these fine wines. I tasted there with him a few years ago. Nice man and a great winemaker.

I had the 1992 vintage on Saturday as part of the Heritage Auctions Wine Tasting Challenge and it was an wonderful wine. The aromatics were beautiful and the palate was pure with complex fruit flavors without being even the bit flabby. I agree with your comment about GC tastiness all the way. I guessed that it was in Montrachet but I couldn’t get to Puligny because it was too good for “just” a premier cru.

2000 and 2001’s have been my favs in the decade! Sure would LOVE to try a Monty! flirtysmile

A year ago March I had the 2001 Chevalier next to a 2005 PYCM Corton Charlemagne, 1985 DRC Richebourg, 1988 Leroy Richebourg, 1982 Cheval Blanc, and 2001 Yquem. The 2001 Leflaive Chevalier was WOTN!

So you’re the lucky one who picked these up from Nick. I had this on 4/5 and loved it too…went to CC the next day and they were gone…

You could’ve waited for me :wink:. the 00 leflaives are rock stars. Nice pick up man.

Another bottle…two for two in freshness…went well with some Chinese food last night! [wow.gif]

Had the best bottle of 01 Chevalier last week. It has always been good but this was simply superb.

Thanks for your note Mr Buzz. Their Pucelles when it is on is Grand Cru quality.

So…those who love the Leflaive Puc…what IS the greatest Leflaive Pucelles EVER IYO?
Looks like the 00 and 04 are tied for my vote. You? :slight_smile: