Rosé wine 2015 - what are you loving?

A lot of 2014s are rolling, so of course I’m trying to knock out some 13s to make room in the shelf. Tonight is ‘Le Cotes de Provence de Chateau Pradeaux 2013’, which is still drinking in fine style.

Peach, pear, white flower, watermelon and strawberry aromas. Juicy and sappy, with mouthwatering acidity. Ripe peach and watermelon flavors. Has a tight,wound caramel sweetness to its fruit. Very “white wine” in style. Beautiful texture. Like a white at the start, but turning a little more reddish on the finish.

Begins and ends with 2013 Baudry.

Care to tell us why you feel so adamant about this?

2013 Forlorn Hope Touriga Nacional Ukyio Dewitt Vineyard. Strikingly subtle and delicious. Mineral spring water on the front, light summer tomato on the midpalate, and light grapefruit pith on the finish. Maybe it was just the power of suggestion but I couldn’t think of anything but sake while I was drinking this. Totally unconventional but unquestionably talented. FH is my favorite new mailing list.

Planning to clean up my 2012 Pradeaux this Summer. Got just about enough to get to the Fall.

2014 Idlewild “The Flower” is fantastic. It’s a blend of Nebbiolo, Dolcetto and Barbera. Yummy stuff.

2013 Gros Nore Bandol Rose is excellent.

Just about any 2013 Bandol. I’m a big fan of the Pibarnon and the Terrebrune.

2014 is a good year for Ametzoi Rubentis. A bit more fruit than the last few years.

glad to hear the 13 GN is drinking well as KL changed distributors in St Louis and a friend picked up 3 cases for $9/btl for me.

We were in Bandol during peak of harvest in 13 and the grapes looked great-no green berries like elsewhere in the S Rhone in 13.

Michael Powers-just saw that u r in STL. I assume your comment then on the 13 GN was from the sale? We probably know some of the same wine people in STL.

Not warm enough for rose yet…maybe another month. Don’t have one I go to all the time, but Tempier, Bedrock, Clos Cibonne usually work for me, and this year I’ll have Sandlands to look forward to too.

I absolutely love Baudry Chinon Rose (not a huge fan of their Cab Franc Red), but I thought 2013 was supposed to be a disaster vintage?

Hailstorm in June … Etc. am I wrong?

Back on the subject, I bought less pinks so far this year. I’ll probably stick to Liquid Farm Rose, Heitz Grignolino Rose, and we’ll see what looks good in France.

Virage Rosé 2013 is even better than it was last year. I actually purchased few more to enjoy and open with friends and fellows. Never had so many Rosé botles of a single winery.

Will probably hit last year’s Bedrock Ode to Lulu. Hopefully they’re ready (at least for me)!

Ah! I forgot about Virage. I did buy a couple of those on Berserker day. I’ll definitely pop those this summer. I still haven’t tried them yet.

Really enjoying the 2013 Analemma PN rose.

Looking forward to my 2013 Bandols (Pradeaux and Tempier), 2013 Cameron, some Loire roses (Baudry, Joguet & Thivin), the 2014 Matello when released and the Liquid Farm. Kerloo and Gramercy too if I can make space for them.

Just picked up a bottle of 2013 Baudry yesterday that we will probably drink tonight!

Also enjoyed the Matthiason 2014 so far this year. Donkey and Goat 2013 is still drinking well too.

We have more than we know what to do with

Mags of Liquid Farm
Case of Bedrock
Case of wilde farm

With a preggers in the house until just this Sunday there wasn’t much consumption going on.

2014 Easkoot Perseverence, Marin County, a Rose of Pinot Noir is ethereal and received high mark in the current volume of pdwr.