Carlisle, Bedrock, Limerick Lane, Biale, Matthiasson, and (yes) Novy/Siduri Tasting

Sorry if this is too commercial…but those of us that make Limerick Lane Zinfandels have long been talking about getting together to taste each other’s efforts, but have never been able to make the time to do so. The only way we could all commit to doing it was to make it a public event where none of us could back out because of other engagements. So we are hosting just such a tasting at Shed in Healdsburg on May 21st. There’s a panel discussion and then a tasting of other wines afterwards.

Here’s the scoop and where you can buy tickets. Hopefully Jake will jump in with more details:

Hope some of you can make it.

Adam Lee
Siduri & Novy

Man, I wish I lived around Napa. Would love to go to this.

Ditto. And it’s our anniversary. Almost enough reason to fly out for it. :wink: We will be tasting at a few of those wineries, including Limerick Lane, when we visit in June. Looking forward to that.

I do hope those who attend will post about the tasting.

Andy

Feck Yeah! Since I can’t make the HVS event this year this can be a semi-substitute. I’ll see if my Wife would like to come as well. Great idea guys and thanks for not doing it in The City.

Excellent idea! I’ll have to check out calendar but I think there’s a good chance we can make it up.

Should be a great time and a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the excellent job that Jake and Scot are doing with the vineyard. One of the great sites for Zinfandel in California.

Thanks Adam for posting this!

I am really excited about this event. My brother and I have been working really hard to breathe some life back into Limerick Lane and while I think we’ve done a pretty good job, it would have been impossible without the interest and willingness of Adam Lee, Morgan Twain-Peterson, Mike Officer, Bob Biale, and Steve Matthiasson. I can’t explain how grateful I am to this group of winemakers and how excited I am to taste all of their versions of Limerick Lane Zinfandel side by side. The icing on the cake for me was Tegan Passalacqua’s willingness to moderate the event.

Rundown:
There will be an hour long side by side tasting of each producer’s Limerick Lane Vineyard Designate Zinfandel as well as our own. Tegan will ask questions and lead a discussion about style, site, vintage etc. After the formal tasting and discussion, the focus will move away from Limerick Lane specifically and be more about the group. The second half of the event will be a reception where each winemaker (including Tegan) will pour their own wines -whatever they choose and will be available for individual questions etc.

I’m again really excited not only to focus on Limerick Lane but on Carlisle, Siduri/Novy, Bedrock, Matthiasson, and Biale as well. I think this is going to be a great chance to taste some amazing wines from an amazing group of winemakers and I’m humbled to be able to be a part of it.

Jake Bilbro
Limerick Lane Cellars/Marietta Cellars

Jake. After visiting Limerick Lane in February, I can see no reson for you to be humble but newhere .

Oh yeah and I’m looking forward to meeting you on May 1st in Vancouver.

Yep in, +2, maybe 3! One night I won’t mind be “Zinned” out of my mind.

Please post a video of the discussion!!!

This sounds great, I’m jealous of you west coasters! Can’t make it in May, looks like we’ll just have to do a mini-version when we visit LL on the 27th.