Should I pull the trigger on this purchase???

So I’m travelling for work to this small to medium sized town. I decide to buy some wine gift cards for a few people as a thank you at this company I do business with. I walk into this local wine shop and dIscover the most amazing collection of Cali wine I’ve seen in a while. They do not have a website I should add.

They have almost every Schrader going back over 10 years. I see Old Sparkys from '06 '07 & '08 ( all 100 point Parkers) for $1100 bottle. I guess the shop owner had been on the Schrader list since the very early days.

I like Schrader…there I said it! I’m going back there in two weeks. Do I buy all three?

P.S. I didn’t have enough time to fully investigate the offerings, but certainly will carve out time to dig through their inventory next time. (All temp controlled storage BTW)

Yes you should. Not because I have any ideas what those wines are like but simply because the fact that you’re asking on this board suggests that you really want them, and you think they’re a reasonable price. Does anything else matter?

That we are all enablers

No

Are they Asia Perfect?

$1100 per bottle? Really? Heck no!

I had a 5 minute debate with myself whether or not this was an April Fools joke. Still not sure.

I thought about that as well.

Your taste, your money, but wow that’s an awful lot of money. That’s the equivalent of 4-5 Second Growths for 1 young Schrader. What’s the track record for this winery? I do not know when they first released, but curious how they age. I’ve had them with 3-4 years on them and was distracted by the oak treatment.

No

If I had the money to blow on that, I would those are like 300 below on the 08, 50% off on the 07 and another 400 off the 06

I believe that defines excessably balla wines.

Did you use your mobile phone while there ? So I can track your movements/location ?? [swoon.gif]

[rofl.gif]

Still not sure if this is an April Fools joke but Old Sparky is a Magnum for 100 RP points and hard to find. You could always flip them if you didn’t like them. If you have the money, go for it.

I would try to negotiate a discount for all 3.

Yeah, negotiate the price. I would start at $2500 for all three, you may get them for $2700. Go for it, you can always make more money.

Well, I am sure the wine is not worth it, but as an investment commodity to be sold? Maybe, not something I track.
I say offer them 10% above what they are asking just to be sure.