TN: 1999 Luciano Sandrone Barolo Cannubi Boschis (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

• 1999 Luciano Sandrone Barolo Cannubi Boschis - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (6/26/2014)
    My wine of the night, this was lovely. It started with a beautiful nose of fragrant dried rose petals, drifting amidst black cherries and cassis aromas, and then more savoury scents of broiled meat, dusty earth and a little kiss of toasty oak, all twisted together with a lift of high-toned herbal accents. Lovely. The palate had a slightly extracted feel to it, with full, rich, ripe flavours of cherries and red berries – rather more red fruited than the nose suggested – structured with a slight chew of tannins that felt just a little drying at the finish. There was a lovely fullness and depth to thi wed to lovely acidity, all making for a very complete wine. Great finish too, full, satisfying, with dusty earth and herb notes and little smoke rings drifting amidst a final chew of tannins. Not my usual style of Barolo, but this managed to wed modern polish with a good but of soul. Very good, and it will get even better – this is nowhere near peak yet. I would give it a good 10 years more. 93+. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Delicious wine, I had a couple of bottles last year. Really needs a couple of hours in the decanter to unfurl. Agree it will only get better from here.