POLL: What is your PC float?

How much of your money does PC have for wine not yet received (or refunded/replaced)?

• $0
  • $0.01-$500
  • $500-$1,000
  • $1,000-$2,000
  • $2,000-$4,000
  • $4,000-$8,000
  • $8,000-$16,000
  • $16,000-$32,000
  • $32,000-$64,000
  • $64,000-$128,000
  • $128,000

0 voters

They say if you owe the bank $1,000, the bank owns you. If you owe the bank a $1,000,000, you own the bank.

This poll is to assist the berserker community as a whole in finding out where we stand.

Disclaimer: I have bought some PC futures and they delivered as promised. I currently have no outstanding orders and have no agenda other than contributing some knowledge to the group. Hopefully they don’t cancel my account. :wink:

There are 3 people on this board who are more than $64k in to PC? Holy crap!

Zero as of Monday.

Chris, as someone hoping to achieve “zero sum” one day too, I am curious if you plan to order pre-arrivals going forward?

Would he

be among them?

Why include the $0 option? The results may be more meaningful without that unrelated to the discussion data point.

What, and not be able to vote in my own poll? :frowning:

For this one, I’m not interested in the median but rather in the net float, which I will estimate and post if it ever reaches an interesting level. This is independent of the number of $0 voters of course, but will unfortunately be thrown off by any wanna-be ballas who go all pam anderson on us.

About the same that I’m into Ray

I keep it under 1k just in case

Very tempting though

This is a real eye-opener of a poll, if accurate. I don’t think I was ever in more than $1k. $150 now.

128K??? wow… i’m amazed if it’s true…

If you pay by credit card are you ‘insured’ if the goods don’t arrive?

I bought '96 Krug & '06 Cristal last year. I fully expect that they will deliver within the next year. That’s either not how it goes…or it is. I’m only willing to buy more if my first orders come in. Once those come in…I’m safe in assuming that it’s safe to re-order with them. However, I’m not re-ordering…until my first two orders come in…it’s Champagne. So I can wait…but they’re losing business if it takes me too long to get my wines. I’ve wanted to pre-order a bunch of what they’ve offered…but until those two hit I’m not going to keep feeding the machine.

Reminds me of the old movie…“Hope Floats”. Or at $128K, “Peter Pan”…“I do believe in fairies. I do! I do!”

Except PC isn’t a bank. I’ve been a happy and patient customer and have never had a problem with them. Even though my float with PC is now zero, it’s only because I’ve become less patient. I am not one who believes that they are tottering on the precipice of financial doom. But if they were to go under, the haircuts would be a lot shorter than if a bank collapsed.

That group should be Klapping vigorously for Tinkerbell’s survival.

We are the bank.

If the poll is accurate, just taking the mean of each bracket would yield a “float” of $1.8 M

I just noticed they re-wrote their “Pre-Arrival” explanation to lengthen it from 1.5 years to “over two years”. That gives them a little more wiggle room.

I believe with most credit cards you have some reasonably modest amount of time to make a claim. I recall when some other retailers failed most people were screwed since it had been over a year since the charge had occurred, although I do recall a few folks had success.