TN: 2011 Ceritas Chardonnay Porter-Bass Vineyard

2011 Ceritas Chardonnay Porter-Bass Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (3/7/2015)
The nose just exudes minerality, like rain water washing down a granite cliff, followed by a medium intense palate, somehow deeply flavorful and at the same time elegant and airy, with notes of stone fruit, lemon curd, wonderfully balanced acidity, and a long, tingly, mineral/saline finish. Maybe I’m kidding myself, but this could be a Grand Cru Chablis. Fantastic. (95 pts.)

High praise…Just went through 3 of these about a month ago. Good stuff.

I thought the 11 was NG? I have a case chillin’.

NG translation? Lucky dog, I only bought 3. Stupid.

CT notes are luke warm on this, tasters tend to think it’s too lean or simple. I’m seriously happy to take whatever bottles anyone wants to let go.

No Good. I’m psyched to try a 2011 now.

Give one a try. If it doesn’t float your boat, bring it all down here and I’ll take it off your hands. Seriously.

Kind of thought I was missing something special when I passed on this way back when…rarely see you touch 95, not even at the grand tasting.

Rob you’re right, good eye! But I can’t find much wrong with this, it hits all the right notes perfectly.

I have drank 2 of my 6 and thought they were right on your notes.
A really nice wine.

I leaned towards three but have a mag also. Kid has three I think. I wasn’t too keen on these at the release party. What do I know?

I just finished one of my last three of this one. It’s fantastic; not has much changed with the passage of a year. Tart, dense and full of crushed rocks and citrus. Beautiful mouthfeel and perfect balance. No signs of aging whatsoever. I’m thinking this will make old bones, but mine won’t. Perfect pairing with halibut, morels, fiddlehead ferns and beurre blanc.

1 Like

You guys are a bunch of baby killers…

TTT

This wine is just in a fantastic place. Case cracked successfully with fat Dungeness crab and organic Bosc pears.