TN: 2012 Walter Scott Vojtilla Chardonnay

This is an excellent wine reminiscent of Burgundy. Low in alcohol and light to medium bodied with mouth watering acidity. I enjoyed the nose of hazelnut, lemon and earth that digs deep into the nostrils. The flavors of white stone fruit and earth/mineral are intense with an extended finish that lasts mucho long. I loved this from barrel and the wine is hitting on all cylinders. The best Chardonnay I have experienced from Oregon. Ken and Erica Pahlow are hitting it out of the park.

Fixed

I just stopped by the Winery today, dropped off some beer, and picked up a mixed case of the 2013 Chardonnays - Cuvee Anne, Ex Novo, and Vojtilla. The Ex Novo tasted interesting in a really good way, but is young and needs a year or two (or more) to show its best. The Cuvee Anne is excellent right now - well balanced and concentrated. The Vojtllla has just a little bit more of everything, and is sold out. From an Oregon Chardonnay standpoint, Walter Scott is definitely on the short list of best Chardonnay producers in the state.

I also tasted a few Pinot Noirs, and they were excellent as well, particularly the Sojourner and the Temperance Hill.

Nice Rick, you nailed it with the balanced descriptor. I have a box arriving soon with more Chards and PN.

I love the Walter Scott wines. Really nice wines that are reasonably priced. I had the opportunity to barrel taste their wines the last two years during IPNC and was really impressed.

Couldn’t agree more. Great notes. Purchased futures again this past summer including the Anne and pinots. Fantastic wines. Loved the 12s.

Two of the nicest wine folk one could have the fortune of meeting. And at the forefront of the Oregon Chardonnay revolution.

One of my favorite chardonnays, no doubt. I need to visit in 2015, I think.

Finishing off the second half of the immediately decanted 375 and refrigerated bottle. There is a trace of an herb, perhaps sage on the nose adding complexity. Easily Premier Cru or better quality.

Jeff if you are in the Willamette make an appointment to taste.

The Vojtilla was my pick of the Walter Scott Chards in both 2012 and 2013. Excellent efforts.

Jeez Greg, first Westrey Abbey and then this? I need to get to know you!!

Yes, Rick nailed it. Really good chards.

Awesome. Thanks for the note. Over the last 3 years, the breadth of high quality white wines from the valley has greatly increased. I can’t get enough.

Next trip I am going to make a visit to Walter Scott a priority.

Jason