CC Bill Arrives

…and it has every single purchase on it that I made since the ordering season started. pileon
Sometimes I try to order before and after the cycle turn over but it wasn’t possible this time. Only thing that’ll save the peace at home is that I sold some old wine that’ll cover more than half the cost of what I bought.

Do tell. How many miles/points did you get? [whistle.gif]

Good planning. Since half is covered with what you sold, you left yourself headroom to buy more in the after cycle. And those buys will show up on a later CC bill, which makes it seem like you spent less than you did.

Same here. I live to a budget and Q1 was a real crusher so i am locked down on spending for another 4 weeks. :frowning:

My CC bill was massive last month. f*cking Corton-Charlemagne has gone up plenty over the last few years!

Same here. Passing on just about everything right now. BerserkerDay blew up the CC. pileon

F-me I’m afraid to open it :astonished:

Just buy well and drink likewise and relax. Otherwise, the point is what?

You first.

My CC statement includes Horsepower, Turley, Carlisle, Wellington, some Cameron Hughes from Costco, and Liquid Farm next month. :astonished:

Same here Scott. . . I just checked online and almost fell off my chair.

Have scaled way back this year, the limits on my CCs have bent but not broke (yet).

The still wine offers in the first quarter of the year have really become a challenge to budget my spend. It’s been tough deleting some of the champagne offers the past few weeks, as well.

Mark, I don’t understand your post. Some people on the board here really had some hard choices to make this year, me included. In a society where spending beyond one’s means is now acceptable, I think it’s quite healthy to laugh at the legit tough choices some are dealing with through this expanding hobby.

Why can’t we kick around our reactions to making that all work? [scratch.gif]

BTW, Jeff, welcome to the Board. champagne.gif

Rhys, Liquid Farm, Lagier Meredith, Wilde Farm, Ceritas, a new 55" television and a new piece of furniture to put it in that cost waaaay more than the TV. Expensive month!

always looking on the bright side [wow.gif]

Yeah, well, my offsite storage bill just arrived. Yikes.

I’ve cut back buying. It helps to have exceeded reasonable storage capacity.

Mark,

Kids’ tuitions, clothes, braces, extracurricular fees; mortgage and other loan payments; retirement funding; home upkeep; unexpected medical bills among other surprises… unless you have, or make, crazy money, there’s ample reason to keep non-essential spending from getting out of hand.

There is always going to be yet another wine it makes perfect sense to buy, in the abstract (due to price or rarity or quality or whatever); doesn’t mean we should buy everything that strikes our fancy, though.

aww, Spoiler! Have to introduce some reality into a wine thread(!) So broke this year my ‘wish-list’ is going to be buried until further notice.

Especially if I could actually use all those United miles, but is increasingly difficult [head-bang.gif]

Yep, tuition is going up 4% next year for our daughter, year after our son is going to college. The fun never ends. [snort.gif]