Zachy's La Paulee Auction?

Any of you attend in person or follow this online? Seems like the trends of Burgundy (especially big names) going through the roof, Bordeaux kind of sagging, continue.

My low ball bidding strategy didn’t net me much except some 2012 Jadot CSJ that nobody else bid on.

Glad I didn’t get around to the usual lowballing - sounds like all I would have done is fought you for the CSJ (and besides - write this on the blackboard 100 times - I have too much wine).

This is normally a very tough auction to find value in. Lot’s of drunk amateurs bidding here. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I won a couple lots. I didn’t bid on much so didn’t really follow it. Between HDH, Wallys and this one, I spent enough this month.

I got one lot. Te only one I bid on and a single bottle. I bid the high estimate and that’s where it settled. The first time I’ve ever grabbed one in the Paulee auction.

That had to be one rare ass wine for you to pull the trigger here!!!

Honestly Ian many times I don’t even look at the catalog for this one.

jeroboams of 45 RC hard to find.

That’s why I feel lucky to have a 6 pack !

Definitely seemed that the bidding on the older bottles (before 2000) was going through the roof. After the lunch hour, the room largely emptied out but there were few bargains to be had…I kept hoping the internet feed would go out.

I picked up 3 bottles of '10 Jadot Musigny and 3 bottles of '10 Chateau de la Tour Hommage a JM. It’s a birth year for my little girl. I’m in the doghouse now!

I was there, and the few lots I was interested in went for way over the high estimate. Bear in mind, these weren’t trophies, either - I specifically targeted stuff like mixed lots, small lots of lesser crus, etc.

Lunch was great and it was a cool scene, though.

Nice pick up.