TN: At Sojourn with the Brotherhood :)

AT SOJOURN WITH THE BROTHERHOOD :slight_smile: - (2/27/2015)

Even though majority of the week was lost to coughing and lemon/honey tea - Tuesday was the much needed revenge!
thanks to the guys - as always - for being such amazing company and such good friends!
Doug, Bob and Fernando - we keep promising to make this more often - and i know why!
After more than a decade of drinking together i still look forward to every one of these evenings.

Nemo and Fino were easily WOTNs - Bob thats a SCORE! :slight_smile:

• NV Equipo Navazos Montilla-Moriles La Bota de Fino “que va para Amontillado” NÂş 45 - Spain, AndalucĂ­a, Montilla-Moriles
    Salty, savory, deeply complex - with nuts and minerality and citrus vying for attention. figs and riper citrus notes in the mid. delicious acidity and an endless finish. (94 pts.)

• 2003 FrĂ©dĂ©ric Magnien Pommard 1er Cru Les Grands Épenots - France, Burgundy, CĂ´te de Beaune, Pommard 1er Cru
    Yes - this is an 03 burgundy - ripe black cherry and deep color in hand. But the oak is well integrated and the acidity keeps this wine fresh. Nice velvety mid, with ripe fruit and spices but never heavy. very pleasant indeed! (92 pts.)
  • 1988 Castello di Monsanto Nemo Mulino Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT
    Brunello nose, cherry and mushroom with some iron and meat. But the mid is cab - ripe red fruit and tobacco notes. good acidity keeping this refreshing. long finish. just plain delicious! (93 pts.)
  • 2001 La Palazzola Rubino Umbria IGT - Italy, Umbria, Umbria IGT
    soy, earthy and hints of tobacco. black fruit, touch of bell pepper on the finish that blew off with some time in the glass. Still showing young. Good tannins and structure. Very pleasant. Not in the same league as Nemo but showing some of similar notes. definitely worth the aging - i have had it for 10 years or so. (91 pts.)
  • 2003 Telmo RodrĂ­guez Ribera del Duero Matallana - Spain, Castilla y LeĂłn, Ribera del Duero
    Ripe, rich nose of black fruit. touch of oak, plum and spice. Powerful mid, with a ton of ripe black fruit. Oak is well integrated. still a good amount of tannic grip. showing young. good wine. (91 pts.)

thanks guys!
Posted from CellarTracker

Is this the Sojourn on the UES? Is the food OK?

we have eaten here many many times and i always enjoy the food and the service.