TN: 2000 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Riserva Granbussia (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

• 2000 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Riserva Granbussia - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (1/27/2015)
    Seriously good. Opened Monday morning at 11am for a tasting the next night, circa 7pm. Aerated to decanter for 3 hours, returned to bottle and re-corked until serving on Tuesday (vastly improved from the starting point when the cork was first pulled). Medium garnet, clear, bright, and just a hint of brown at the watery rim. Maraschinos, red floral, big hit of roses, baked choco donut, brown sugar. Incredibly complex on the nose, and no less fascinating on the palate. Mostly red fruited, this gains intensity all the way through night #2, less so on night #3, but still a knockout. Brilliant structure. A joy to behold, share and enjoy.

Night #3: less brown sugar than last night. Instead, soil, scorched earth, rosewood, pretty cherry and a touch of plum. Added weight this night, too, but also pumped up the acids and tannins. Another 7-10 years of flawless drinking ahead, at least.

Served non-blind.

Posted from CellarTracker

Gorgeous wine, Tim.

I’m glad I brought it, Ted. Hopefully it gets me an invite back to FC flirtysmile

I think the amount of air this had prior to Tuesday night was key.

Drank a 96 GB last April. the wine was a knockout with at least 20/25 years of great drinking ahead. Not many wines better than this one. 97 points for me