TN: 2008 Bedrock Wine Co. Pinot Noir Rebecca's Vineyard

• 2008 Bedrock Wine Co. Pinot Noir Rebecca’s Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (1/29/2015)
    This is pretty dark. Nose of sweet blackberries, cool black raspberries and a hint of sassafras and it’s all so very fragrant. Palate shows a deftness of presence. Some wonderful red-black fruits and amazing bounce for. Intense and yet playful, this has some crush red cherries & bold black tea leaf. Tannins are nicely resolved and acidity decent. Finish holds all of that in check and longish. Might be a nod darker than I like to lean these day but I call it as I see it, and this one shows very nice indeed. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks, Glenn!

Interesting to see how this bottle is doing. I had one years ago and found it very reductive, and decided to forget about the others for a very long time.

I had the 2009 last week and the notes could be the same for that. At first made me sorry Morgan isn’t making Pinot now but then I realized how much Bedrock I buy and was glad to have one less temptation.

The real question is how did Pobega acquire so many older (and tiny production) pinots so quickly?

I sent Mike a mixed case of aged domestic PN in a trade.

I think I have some 09 of this wine left, and the profile is similar but I recall liking the 08 more. Definitely well-made PN.

Hmm, have one of these… Guess I need to open it

I have 2 bottles of the 2007 of this. No TNs on CT. Maybe a job for the Coravin.

I went for it (thanks Coravin!) and I couldn’t describe it better!