Master Schedule of Releases: for Wineries to adhere to!

After the hundredth post of, “Damn it, need to stop buying because Winery X and Winery Y offered in the same week, and nome I have to pass on Winery Z” doesn’t it make sense for the 30-or-so domestic wineries that many of us buy from on allocation coordinate? It’s not like they don’t know who each other are. There some overlap and some discrepancy, sure, but they would probably maximize their revenues by making sure that, for example, Ceritas and Rhys don’t offer within a few days of each other, or Turley, Carlisle and Bedrock, etc.

Maybe this is pipe dreaming. Anyway, I gots no more money. :slight_smile:

You know what would Really be cool? You pay an annual fee for a consortium of wineries you like. Then, you get a notification of shipment, but you won’t know what is is or where it is from. That way, every year would be a surprise and would heighten the anticipation until you finally Pobega the box. That would do away with the silly posts that you mention and could be filled with posts like “Just got So-and-So Winery’s latest” filed with statements like ‘I didn’t know they made wine’, ‘I thought this wine sucked but now that I tried it I actually really like it’, to “I paid !!! for this???”. It’d be revolutionary!

Forget it. I’m going back to drinking Schlitz out of a beer bong.

I don’t think it’s ever gonna happen. Theres already a thread on this somewhere, and in it, mentions a website dedicated to release dates. The site has been around for years but hasn’t been on target for the wines I buy.

The producers here talk about short shipping windows, but I think their presumption is that they need to ship shortly after the sale. I’m not sure why they hold that belief - many projects I support, including Cayuse/Monte Bello/etc. sell their wares a year in advance. Really, producers could sell their wines anytime. It does seem like there’s a conspiracy to drop everything at once. It’s probably just an indication that we buy too much.

I’ve got big offers on deck every single day next week…

This won’t address your suggestion of a schedule to guide the wineries, but there is website that shows releases by month. Good for us consumers to help allocate the cc usage.
Go to http://www.winerelease.com

Or, unshackle yourself from the mailing list prison!!! It’s so liberating. I cancelled a list this week and am now down to just one. I don’t seem to have a problem finding most of what I want.

Cut number of bottles per winery and buy from more lists.

Cut half of my lists last year and will look for the same this year. Will need to be down to very few in a couple of years to retire, so might as well do it now. And it is really helping my diversification efforts.

While I agree this would be beneficial, it seems like a logistical nightmare as wineries come and go, and have their own changes to schedules, etc. As for eliminating lists, no can do. 90% of the wines I buy aren’t available locally for me, and after-market pricing is a joke. Cutting the number of bottles works if you’re one of those ordering cases, but I tend to already be ordering the required minimum in some instances. Still, these are good problems to have…