Marcassin - Most Recent Offering

The last offer I received is 2010 Chard. Have they offered 2010 Pinot yet? If yes, when was offered sent out?

Thank you.
Vamsi

Have not received any pinot offer yet.

I’ve been asking people for like 3 months now. I’ve only recently made it on the list a couple of years ago. Is this delay typical?

Yes, it is fairly random when offers arrive. They never seem in a hurry to sell their wines.

Shhhh! The bank account needs a rest

Any updates on this…Bueller?

I haven’t received anything yet.

Seems odd. I know they march to the beat of their own drum, but I’m seeing random bottles of the 2010 Estate PN pop up at retail shops…

Heard from them- will be “soon”

Wonder what that means?! Hopefully sooner than later.

I just searched for 2010 pinot and all but one was pre arrival. (US shops). Cellar tracker shows 164 bottles but that’s not an indication it’s been released. Looks like they are just late which is good by me, my CC has been smokin.

One shop shows 6 in stock at the moment

Yea, it’s the CA shop…I bet they don’t have any though.

I too am waiting for the 2010 PN release having had my first chance last year to purchase the 09 Chard, 09 PN and 10 Chard but am happy to allow the credit card to cool as well. Assuming that we are all waiting for the same thing (10 PN), I found it very odd that while perusing the wine list of one of LA’s iconic dining spots just this week, I noticed that they are listing both a 2012 Marcassin Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. How is that possible?

Didn’t they declassify their 2011 vintage? Maybe they are spreading out their offers to lesson the time between future offers.

I was treated to a bottle of the 2010 Marcassin Vineyard PN last month at Marea in NYC. It was delicious and pricey ($450 on the wine menu). Interesting that it would be on a printed wine menu in NYC before their mailing list folks have a chance at it. Lots of interesting stuff goes on in this business. And in every business, I think.

More proof that there was a 2010 PN release, albeit a very small one. My guess is that only long-term list members were offered any wines, and due to the secretive nature in which they operate, it doesn’t surprise me that no communication took place.

Or maybe it has something to do with that rumor that they were acquired…

Do you have any more details about that rumor David?

Errrrr…or is that a big April Fools?

I do know that the '10 Marcassin Marcassin Pinot has been out for a few months now. I have a few in our cellar, my friend has 2 cases at his shop in Maryland and saw plenty today in NYC for sale. It’s out there for sure. Not sure why they would operate that way though. Going to pick up a few more bottles in the AM before we head back home.