Best Californian $100 bottle

What would say is the best value at the moment for a Californian $100 bottle, this must be a wine available on lists not an old wine from a store. From my own experiences the best value I buy that I can think of is Ridge Monte Bello as a future for $98, then probably the Saxum JBV also for $98.

What others would you throw in, doesn’t have to be exactly $100 but in that range

I haven’t had many California wines in that bracket, but of the wines I’ve tried I’d nominate Rhys Skyline Pinot Noir.

Montelena Estate also is in that category.

Rivers-Marie Cabs.

Myriad Dr. Crane

Rivers Marie Panek
Becklyn Cabernet Sauvignon and save $30

Heitz Trailside. A little under $100

Jaffurs’ Upslope $60 - $70 ish depending on how you buy it. With 5 - 7 years on it, it is the best California Syrah IMHO.

Alban Reva for Syrah

A well aged bottle of Arcadian Pinot.
Available direct from the winery…

TTT

1 Like

Saxum JB
Rhys Swan Terrace
Littorai

Pardon the drift, but why does the wine have to be from an exclusive list? If the wine is good, does it matter where it came from?
Incidentally, around here, Monte Bello is acquired “from a store” with ease.

+1

Also you can save about $50+ by going with an amazing Meyers Cab. The 2010 is outstanding. I’d also add Outpost’s cabs in the $75 and below range… also crafted by TRB.

Three bottles of Trentadue AV Cab
lol

For $100 or damn close to it.

Realm the Bard bdx blend
Saxum Paderewski zin

1 Like

Not exactly sure if this meet the criteria but Forman’s Cabernet. And for $125 you might want to consider Roy Piper’s 2012 Cabernet. I’ve had it and it’s special.

1 Like

Togni

This. I’m a fan of Saxum and think they are a reasonable deal still at $98, but 2010 Realm the Bard for $95 was one of the best wines I had all of 2014, and that was damn young.

Rivers Marie Panek

Realm The Bard

Fait Main Chardonnay for $65 is a flat steal

Nate

Does not have to be from a list, what I was trying to imply that it was a "new " wine so that no suggestions of say a 1994 Ridge or 2001 Turley etc were brought up

1. Ridge Monte Bello futures
  2. One of the Rhys Pinots at that price point

No other California wine I would pay over $100 for.