Rhys Spring release: Jan 27

2011 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Syrah ($69)
2012 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay ($69)
2012 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Chardonnay 1.5L ($159)
2012 Rhys Bearwallow Pinot Noir ($59)
2012 Rhys Bearwallow Pinot Noir 1.5L ($139)
2012 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Pinot Noir ($69)
2012 Rhys Swan Terrace Vineyard Pinot Noir ($99)
2012 Rhys Skyline Vineyard Pinot Noir ($99)

I was just drooling over the wines in this release and checking reviews.

I’m a relatively recent addition to the list. I was wondering whether Kevin of Jeff might be able to answer whether people like me might get access to the top SVDs (ie. Horseshoe, Swan Terrace, Skyline) this time around. I’m hoping so given the abundance of the vintage.

Same day as BerserkerDay VI - I think Kevin’s trolling us [wink.gif]

January is truly trying to kill me. Rhys, Horsepower, No Girls, Schrader free for all, and BerserkerDay. Since when did Spring start in January!

Well at least I will have gotten through 1 credit card cycle without Christmas or a mailer! :wink:

The smart thing to do would have been to release on January 26, when people have money to buy wine.

This release is going to be tough. I thought that 2012 was going to be spread out over 3 releases (because 2011 was consolidated into 1 and the quantities are much larger than in the recent past), but I guess not.

My problem is that I’ve only been able to buy a grand total of a single bottle each of Skyline and Swan Terrace in the now four years I’ve received an allocation. As a result, I’ve been buying my entire allocation (or close to it, with some additional wish-listing) with the hope of moving up the priority list to gain access to more Skyline, Swan Terrace, and the Chardonnays in upcoming releases. But it’s going to be hard to justify buying my entire allocation for this release given the likely quantities available. I’m already getting a little concerned that Rhys is now about 12% of my cellar, making it by far my largest holding.

Ah the good 'ol days when the Skyline was $49… :slight_smile:

ouch

I need a gig or four

Chris,
The good news is that '12 Horseshoe Pinot will be the largest allocation in this offering. We are hoping to be able to offer a bottle of Swan Terrace to all customers who have purchased recently (still to be confirmed). Unfortunately there is still not enough Skyline except for longer term customers.

This will wrap up the '12s and the '13s will be spread over an 18 month period.

Jay,
This will wrap up the '12s and '13s will be spread over 3 releases (18 months) so we will back on schedule (with all wines receiving at least a year in bottle before release) after that.
Given your purchase history, you will be allocated 2 bottles each of the '12 Swan Terrace and Skyline in this release.

Thanks for letting me know, Kevin. That is welcome news.

We had the 12 Horseshoe chardonnay at the Rhys pickup party in October. One of the best chardonnays I’ve ever had – definitely go long on that one if you want Rhys chards in your cellar.

The good news is that '12 Horseshoe Pinot will be the largest allocation in this offering.

The other good news is that it’s pretty awesome.

-Al

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I was really hoping one bottle of Skyline might be in the cards as I’ve never tried one, but understand, it’s a small plot! It’s just that the notes make it sound like exactly the style I love.

I’m unsure whether the Horseshoe or Swan Terrace will be my preferred style. I usually prefer FF to Alpine if that is an indicator. In any case I’m looking forward to seeing my allocation.

Berserker Day AND Rhys release?

o.h. S…h…$$$$t

:frowning:

I tasted the Horseshoe pinot and chard at the last release and they were truly phenomenal. It began a serious palate, cellar, budget, (and life) re-evaluation which ended with me buying a sampler pack in December so I can contemplate it all.

Do Skyline or Swan Terrace ever get poured at these events? It may be better for my budget if the answer is no, but I figured I’d ask…

Eric,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Horseshoe Pinot and Chardonnay. I think that vineyard has really come into it’s own over the last few vintages.
We do not typically pour the Skyline or Swan Terrace at our pickup events since the 3 cases that would require is often a meaningful percentage of the production of these bottlings.

That horseshoe chard is probably my fave I’ve tasted yet… So good, reminded me quite a bit of a Jadot Corton Charlie tasted not too long after

Kevin, any idea when pick-up day will be? I’ll be in SF on business this spring and wanted to see if I can align dates to attend.