Damn, I've been outed.

Apparently, I’m not a wine enthusiast, or even a collector. I’m a freak.

Yep. Who here has a wine rack except for readily available cooking wines?

I think that was Eric LeVine’s cellar in the depiction.

I don’t have a rack for cooking wines but will now…great idea. Thanks!

I admit it, I laughed.

I feel like I need to put an extra layer of foil over my head, because someone has been probing.

I need help; it’s much worse when you speak the words - and I thought that was supposed to help. Why does the little man in my head keep telling me to ignore this and everything will be fine? pileon

I finally admitted that I have more fun buying wine than drinking it.

Only the “don’t think about the budget part.”

Maybe I should be sent to the Island of Misfit Oenophiles.

Nobody wants an Anton-in-the-box.

I have now 250+ bottles in my house and for NYE dinner I feel like I don’t have the “right wine pairing”. I’m a freak.

I admit I’ve made the pants vs wine decision many times.

Got a chuckle out of #4.

Just my wife.

Never really had this ‘moment of clarity’, but this has been my condition for a while.

I did the math recently and realized I have 17 years worth of wine and growing

I had one of those WTF moments a few weeks ago when I was reorganizing the cellar (aka a former home office in the basement) and I unearthed 5 cases of 2009 Carlisle wines - none of which have been breached. And then I had my second WTF moment when I started to wonder why it took so long to have that moment in the first place.

Then I ordered another case of 2010 Barolo because…just because.

This happened to me when I was collecting records in my early twenties, ever more obscure and hard to get stuff, in the end the hunt was more than half the fun.

Has never happened to me with wine, neither when starting out and I was overeager and short on experience and knowledge, or much later with more perspective and competence. Drinking wine has remained a great pleasure - physical, emotional and intellectual. Buying, or more precisely tasting and researching what to buy, can be real fun but has remained secondary.

Edit: I’ve definitely done this though:

Ha, I “only” have 11.5 years of wine, assuming I keep opening bottles at the same rate (an unlikely trend as I enter my mid-40’s?)!!!

You see, this thread is good for wine morale!

I’m feeling better and better. I might have to reward myself… with some new pants. :slight_smile:

Freak for sure.