Wine Shop Recommendations in Brea/Anaheim/Fullerton

Any suggestions on wine shops within those 3 cities? I’m tired of driving to Pasadena, CA everytime I’m looking for something special for the girlfriend!

I’m going to move this to Wine Talk, where it will do better, and also suggest you move a little south and go to Hi-Time Wine in Costa Mesa

Vendome in Fullerton has a pretty interesting and large selection. http://www.vendomes.com/aboutus.asp#

Also, in Yorba Linda, there is the OC Wine Mart. More mainstream selection aimed at the non-snob wine drinkers, but there is a premium wine selection in the bar area. http://ocwinemart.com/contact/

In Brea, you have Total Wine. They have special wines, if by that you mean expensive and rarer, in the locked cooler. https://www.totalwine.com/

wine exchange, Tustin is a good one.

Ditto. Based on the north OC ounty cities you listed, this would be my choice.

what’s in pasadena? I live here, I don’t think I’ve ever bought more than 1-2 bottles in pasadena.

WineEx is right there. Always our first stop if we’re going to Disneyland. Great wine. Great people.

WineEx is on Tustin but in Orange.

Ditto on Winex, especially since they are in “wind down” mode having list their lease… :frowning:

And Best Wines Online! (now that you can buy in-store) Not far from Winex!!

1544 East Warner Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92705

@C FU-- Everson Royce on Holly St.

Everyone else-- Thanks! I will certainly try out Winex! I’m actually going to Disneyland tomorrow, so will swing on by.

WineEx! But get there soon since they are moving. The floor is getting more vacant everyday.

Be careful at Vendome in Fullerton. That store is very hot in the summer.

Jason

A ton of interesting wines between winex and best wines online. Some really good deals at winex right now and I can only hope their next venue will be better than the current. It is time for an upgrade especially since best wines looks so slick.

What’s up with that?

Winex … Heard they are moving in February. New location not yet finalized.

I was at wineX the other day, they still have a pretty good old world selection but Cali stuff is severely depleted. If you’re looking for Cali stuff, you might be better served to go south to hi-times.

I was shocked when I went.

Very true Brig…

I shop there pretty regularly and I asked the staff “you guys sure you’re not just closing?” I was assured they are not, just moving and reducing inventory before the move.

(I was told) The shopping center they are in is looking for more corporate chains to occupy the locations.

One thing that was also said to me… And I was taken aback by it, I was told that when wineX moves to their new location they will be reducing the number of SKUs they carry. I hate to hear that. The selection of tough to find wines is what draws me to shop there. That and the stack up deals they offer on close outs. This is the best place to find really wonderful sub$25 weeknight cellar defenders.

I really don’t want to have to start driving up to west la for my wine shopping trips. OC is much easier for me to get to from where I live.

It’s weird because I had spent some time at the WineX website in the last few weeks, looking for Christmas presents, and it was obvious that something was wrong with their inventory. [We ended up ordering from WHWC instead.]

I sure hope everything’s going to be okay for WineX in the long run.

Speaking of sources for great Riesling - did DeeVine ever reopen in San Francisco?

That and the stack up deals they offer on close outs.

Sorry, what is a stack up deal?
Thanks!
Barry