Thanksgiving - What Wine are You Serving?

Okay folks, let’s start the thread.
How many people are coming over?
Are you a guest or host?
And what wine(s) are you planning on serving?

Will start - our family meets up in Western Pennsylvania and, between family and friends, we will have 22-24 people this year. I am providing all of the wine.
I am thinking of opening up a 3L of 2002 Clos Pegase that I’ve struggled to find an occasion to open. And likely a half case of Vincent Paris Cornas Granit 30 as a backup. I may start with some Spatlese Riesling as well.

Always Champagne during the food prep and Cru Bojo (from Mag) with the meal. Simple and delicious!

We’re hosting
Not sure of the total yet, but in the range of 6-10, so perhaps we’ll open only 2 or 3 of the following:

1988 Krug
2012 Sine Qua Non In the Abstract
2012 Ridge Geyserville
2001 Weingut Karlsmühle Lorenzhöfer Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel

Hosting, seven ppl. Expect one guest to bring a Freestone PN. I’ll have one bubbly, with a 2nd on “standby” and another Pinot probably. Thinking Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee, Scharffenberger Brut Rose, Davis Family 08 Soul Patch PN. Or instead of the other PN maybe the Breggo Anderson Vly Gewurz.
Luckily, I have a few days to decide.

To start:
Veleta Cava Rosado NV (of course this will work with the meal also)
a white not yet chosen

for the meal:
Veleta Tempranillo Rosé 2012 (because Nola said it’s a good choice flirtysmile )
a white, probably Masson Apremont La Dechirée 2011 (this works even with sushi, so cranberry sauce shouldn’t deter it)
a red TBD for whoever wants it (maybe Adelsheim PN 2012, but we’ll see)

Thinking a 99 Leroy Bourgogne I want to try along with a NV Roederer Mendocino Brut. For me, throwing down anything highend usually is waste as we’re more about the occasion then the wine.

Love Cru Beaujolais and sparkler combo!

We will be with our big extended family that enjoys wine, but when asked what they like, “Red” is typically the answer… I’ll raid the locker and pull a bunch of bigger California wines that no longer float my boat - the family will be happy and the high alc by vol will mean that I will slip off into a state of numbness at an expedited rate…

I’m thinking Champagne to start…of course…Maybe some 2005 Chauvet Special Club.

After that it’s open: Dirty & Rowdy Semillon, ‘96 Boillot Gevrey-Chambertin Champonnets, 98’ VT Rouge CdP, aged Oregon PN from the in-laws library, a pinot meunier even. White Burgundy and a riesling too.

David, is the Auslese before, during, or after the meal?? Was thinking about an '01 JJ Prum WS Auslese and was wondering if it could be served with the main course.

Gary, we start with the Champagne. Then there’s such a diversity of flavors that we open everything and put out enough glasses to serve them all together. It’s a free-for-all. The Karlsmühle should still be moderately sweet with good balancing acidity. I expect some to enjoy it with the meal and others to have it after.

Auslese and dark meat is devine. Make sure to pop the JJ in advance, it is still young.

Thinking a basic bubbly to start, friends dont appreciate so 2009 careneros
Reds after that

A kosta browne, probably 2010 SC
Becklyn cab
Bedrock 2009 hudson syrah
2010 denner syrah

Going to inlaws house. Will bring a Mount Eden Pinot magnum. Fits the bill, very enjoyable for me but not so expensive that I get pissed if the family hogs it.

We are guests at a small dinner. Bringing-

Ultramarine Rose & BdB
2013 BK Wines Skin & Bones
12 Arnot-Roberts Kirschenmann Zin.

champagne.gif

This. But not en mag. A variety of both. Then Armagnac.

Not a fan of Pairing?

Big bold stuff there for turkey. I love it!

I’m thinking:

Becklyn Sauv Blanc
Dirty and Rowdy Concrete Egg Semillon
Schramsberg Cremant

I might throw a red in there, I’m sure someone will scream for a red, which I will oblige.

Dagueneau and Jadot 1999 Volnay 1er from Magnum.

George

Going to the inlaws. I’ll be drinking bitterness, recrimination and regret

actually it will be a pleasant but very long day, and I will be drinking Guinness no doubt