TNs: Dinner at Red Steak

• 2004 Sine Qua Non Syrah Poker Face - USA, California, Central Coast (11/20/2014)
    A speechless beauty. So rich and voluptuous. Great laser focused fruit. Syrah fruit profile without being overly funky. My first 100 point wine of the year. (100 pts.)
  • 2007 Dana Estates Cabernet Sauvignon Onda D’Oro - USA, California, Napa Valley (11/20/2014)
    Great mouthfeel. Sweet entry, nice complexity. Red cherry with a hint of raspberry. Feminine. (93 pts.)
  • 2000 Château Latour Grand Vin - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (11/19/2014)
    Regal. Ridiculously yummy. Awesome red cherry fruit, so well balanced. (97 pts.)
  • 2007 Plumpjack Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (11/19/2014)
    Blueberry and black cherry fruit. So easy to drink. Smooth and silky. Very approachable now but will make it in the long run. (96 pts.)
  • 2009 Kistler Chardonnay Trenton Roadhouse - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (11/19/2014)
    Gorgeous wine. Great tropical nose with mostly lemon curd, lemon and marmalade. Some buttery profile in mid palate but not in the way. Not too much oak. An elegant glass of chard. (95 pts.)
  • 2011 Fairchild Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Stones No. 1 Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (11/19/2014)
    Oh my lord. We killed a baby in the name of the future. Rich huge black cherry. This has so much promise. (95 pts.)
  • 2009 Domaine Dujac Clos de la Roche - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Clos de la Roche Grand Cru (11/19/2014)
    Nose of tobacco, new oak and charcoal ash on opening which blew off after a hour. Great acidity, awesome cherry fruit with great backbone. This is a baby. Softened up over course of night. Let these rest a LONG time. (94 pts.)
  • 2010 MacDonald Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (11/19/2014)
    Sweet raspberry nose, very structured, somewhat cloying, red fruit profile, not overly complex on finish. (91 pts.)
  • 1998 Dalla Valle Maya - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (11/19/2014)
    Somewhat green and vegetal. Tart and disjointed. Not in harmony. Extracted fruit. Doesn’t have the symmetry that I love in Maya (85 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice set of wines. Thanks for the excellent notes. The Dujac seems a bit out of place.

Dujac is never out of place, the other wines are [snort.gif]

Great notes!

A board member (i will protect the innocent) just has a case of the Dujac arrive recently and he couldn’t keep his paws off of a bottle to try.