TN: 2010 Jonata 'Todos' Red Wine

Something like seven or eight grape varieties is this blend.

First off, amazing wine. Full throttle without being over the top at all. ETOH stated at 14.9%, but no heat at all. Full dose of bacon fat and beef blood with some sweet tannins. In the background, very complex mix of dark fruit and a spice component. Reminds me of a warm vintage Crozes-Hermitage. A bargain at $41 from Costco IMHO.

Served with a USDA Prime Ribeye topped with Gorgonzola-Garlic Confit Compound Butter and Kennebec Pomme Frites.

I’ve always loved the Todos. The 06 was just an incredible wine, man I wish I still had some.

…good stuff.

Btw, why does everyone else’s Costco have such better wine than mine? Dammit. The selection at the three Costcos in my area suck donkey ballz.

Nice price. Even at full retail, this is a wine worth the money.

Of course it was. [cheers.gif]

Tex, what Costco did you get this from, and was it recent?

Great wine. In my limited experience with their other wines this bottling delivers more regardless of price. Granted this may be because they were all tasted young and the Todos drinks better as a young wine, but I would absolutely be in for a case if I ever saw it at $41.

It’s not $41 here, but it IS available here—my big thanks Bill and others for chiming in at this timely moment :slight_smile: