Today is going to be a great (SQN) day!

Open invitation to anyone in Las Vegas who wants to try a sip!

Which wine is that white? it looks super yellow/orange almost?

It’s 2012 In The Abstract

hey duncan…that was fast! let me know what you think of all 3…specially the white, wondering if its better last release. the moment was really good!
:slight_smile: very tempting to open mine…

On my way to the airport…hope I am not too late…

I had the white 10 days ago. my white wine of the year!

Cool decanter in the middle, what brand is that?

First of all, everyone knows my passion for SQN wines, I love them - love drinking them! I was very excited to try the new releases yesterday - I opened In The Abstract first, decanted it…then I showed Yvonne the 2 Stockholm Syndrome bottles and she asked when we’re going to try them - I grabbed the corkscrew and said - how about now! I’m like a kid unwrapping his Christmas presents - I just can’t wait when it comes to SQN.

So it pains me to report that I can’t give worthy or useful tasting notes on either of the Stockholm Syndrome’s. They are both so unbelievably tight - the class and potential is obvious, but they are giving nothing away. Normally these Extended Barrel Aged wines are tight, but these new releases are something else. The Syrah didn’t have the normal explosive, classic SQN Syrah nose that captivates and enchants even if the wine itself tastes tight.

I took one for the team, but I would strongly suggest letting these rest in your cellar for 3-4 years before opening them.

Given these are heading for $1k on Winebid this week - if you’re looking for instant gratification - for similar money, buy 17th Nail, Naked Truth, Ode to E or the 2006 EBA’s - Shot In The Dark or In The Crosshairs.

Oops - forgot In The Abstract. This wine reminds me of a hypothetical blend of 2006 Hoodoo Man with a touch of new release Marcassin Chardonnay. The richness hits you first with beautiful stone fruit flavours. The Chardonnay component of the blend is more noticeable this year for some reason. While delicious now, I think SQN whites need 4-5 years to evolve and blow off a bit of steam. I think this wine will be capable of ageing for years. I’ve had some older SQN whites recently that were absolutely singing - 1996 Omadhaun & Poltroon and 2001 Rien Ne Va Plus, so I’m looking forward to tracking In The Abstract’s evolution.

There’s still a little left in the fridge, maybe I’ll take it to my poker tournament at Wynn today!

T - that’s the Zalto Axium decanter in the middle

What, no Pearl Clutcher notes?

The X-Pensive Winos have concluded, after opening bottles immediately on arrival commencing with Midnight Oil, that the wines with all or significant portions of Eleven Confessions fruit take longer to become accessible than the wines that were made from non-estate fruit. I now wait at least a year before opening any of the red wines.

Nice, thanks

I’m going to open Pearl Clutcher in the next few days…can’t wait

thanks for the tn :slight_smile: i think i am going to hold off on mine for while…very curious about pearl :wink:

had abstract last night…you are right duncan about this having stronger chard component coming through than any other recent sqn white. had it blind with 3 other chard and didn’t stand out that much as white blend.
very good wine…