I HATE UPS!!!!!!

Yes, I hate them, Loathe them, detest them.

I hate missing a package, I also hate the fact that there is no resolution for a complaint.

I missed the package yesterday, no biggie, I’ll be home by 2 tomorrow, should be plenty of time since they left a note saying they would be back between 2-5. I figured I would be on the long end of things and be seeing them around 5:30.
I get home at 1:45, note on the door, no time stamp.
Call UPS…why did I call UPS? because sometimes you need to slam your head against the wall talking to someone that can give you no resolution in order to really feel alive.
The kind person at the other end says that they were at my house at 12:45, which infuriates me…

WHY BOTHER PUTTING A TIME RANGE ON MY RECEIPT IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE AT MY HOUSE???

WHY?

It’s the stupidest F***ing thing I have ever seen.

End of rant, I know everything that could have been differently, yes I contacted them, yes I could have sent it elsewhere, yes I could have taken the day off, ect., ect.

Thanks for letting me vent…

Yeah, that’s way effing lame. Reminds of cable providers and their “windows.”

[swearing.gif]

I have a great UPS driver. 84 degrees today in Los Angeles and I received several cases from Crush at 2pm (my fault, not theirs), cold to the touch.

You missed the one where you are home all day, with the car in the driveway, they do not ring the bell or knock on the door, but just leave the sticky note that I was not home.

Or the one where you pay the fee, arrange a date, and they show up with an amazon package and no wine…at 7:30p.

This stuff only happens to me with FedEx.

this is almost as common as PC threads. Half of us hate UPS, and the other half hate FED Ex, and the other half hate both.

I love Fedex b/c i can redirect to a location 3 mins from my house - for free

I like my UPS guy who’s nice and sometimes will swing by after he’s done his route to just ‘try again’ b/c he knows it’s wine.

but i hate how it costs me UPS premium membership and THEN another $5 to redirect to a local spot… the depot is miles and miles away.

The free option UPS depot is a mile from my work. The FedEx store is 30 minutes away. Thus my opinions are different.

Just got an attempt and I was here did not even ring bell or knock?
Why does a winery ship locally on a Thursday, for Friday delivery when if you miss the attempt it sits in storage(warm) for 3 days now?
Poor Poor schematics…
West Coast shipping should be done in December, just don’t get the absurdity of shipping when it is borderline too warm.

i guess this is one benefit of using off-site storage. sure, there are delivery delays but never missed deliveries due to people not being home.

Definitely, flips the value completely…

My UPS guy takes care of me. When delivering to work he will bring it to my office. Today, came back from lunch and he just pulled up to the building, looked over at me and asked if I wanted my shipment in the car.

+1
I am presently on my way to the UPS customer service center that is 30 minutes from my house, actually it’s about an hour my house cause I’m stuck in traffic. Missed delivery yesterday, wasn’t going to be home today, had to go pick it up…

UPS is my “angel”. FedEx is the devil.

Mark - all due respect - but really? People here are climbing all over each other to get in line to purchase wine that costs $50 plus…$100 plus…sometimes $500 plus per bottle? Inconvenience, I get. But there are constraints involved in collecting “collectible” wine. $5 additional expense? I’ll bet it is really fun to be the UPS guy…driving around in that truck…just doing his job. Which happens to be delivering goods that are a bit different from, say, shaving stuff.

Apologies to all the guys on the “Shaving Thread.”

I get great UPS service at work, terrible at home. I’ve learned which to designate for shipments, but when anyone ships to the billing address I likely will have a huge hassle.
Does anyone remember when you could telephone the local UPS dispatcher? I guess there is no such person anymore.

P Hickner

I’ve had them report online that they attempted delivery but nobody was home - thing is that I live in a condo building with a 24hr doorman and receiving room. They were a bit at a loss when I called to complain. I think there are just a small percentage of lazy or bad drivers and it hurts the overall reputation for reliability.

I’ve been struggling with UPS the past two weeks on my wine deliveries. Two of my deliveries have had unpredictable tracking data. On my Realm order they had no tracking data online and showed the order had not yet departed (Thursday evening). Not expecting it today I checked again and boom its on a truck for delivery with me not home. I tried requesting a hold and spent 30 minutes with their tech support because their website wouldn’t accept a change request. Even Realm stepped in to help and they couldn’t get them to hold so my awesome Realm wine will spend a weekend at a warehouse in Dallas. This is the third delivery they’ve botched in two weeks. They suck on wine deliveries.

Phill, that sucks. You need to have the wine shipped to your office. Hell, have it shipped to my office! :wink: