TN: 2008 Terroir Al Limit Soc. Lda. Priorat Les Manyes (Spain, Catalunya, Priorat)

2008 Terroir Al Limit Soc. Lda. Priorat Les Manyes - Spain, Catalunya, Priorat: Almost ‘Rayasesque’ in its perfume with engaging scents of red and black berries, violets, roses and mineral. It has supportive spicy oak and excellent detail in the mouth. It is dense and powerful but has that airy feel you get in great Grand Cru red Burgundy. Balance is exquisite and it finishes really stony.

I tried their 2007s a while back during a tasting event at Bodegas Can Ràfols dels Caus, and found their wines possessed “a distinctive trait of not being anywhere near as over-ripe, over-extracted or overly-oak-infested as many more famous Priorats are these days. Instead, both wines, though earthy and robustly grapey with notes of dark minerals, licorice, tobacco and violets, were comparatively light-footed and flowed easily on the palate. Quite impressive, indeed.”

Best,

N

Thanks for the notes Jeremy & Noel. Will be on the lookout. Sounds fantastic.

Lovely wine Noel and far from the more typical ripe, highly extracted style.

I drank though half a case of the '05 Torroja bottling and found it fresh, rocky, and electric. For $30 at the time I thought it was a great value.

At $250 a bottle, please share when you find them!

Ok- changed my mind.

No shit, I had $60-95 in my head…that being said, sack up and get us a bottle! [cheers.gif]

Only Les Manyes and Les Tosses are $200 per bottle.

The rest of the lineup varies between $40 (Torroja) to $70 ish (Dits del Terra and l’arbassor (SP?))

All the wines are in INSANELY good

+1. The wines are really beautiful.