Next Turley release

I got the save the date email but It really only talks about their new cabernet bottle. Does anybody know if any other wines are being offered at the same time.

I think they did the Cab by itself last time.

Hey Joe - aside from the cab, Turley is done for the year. They release the zins in two batches, the first in Feb, the second in August.
Last year was the first for their cab “The Label” and was branded separately. This year, they’ve officially brought it into the Turley stable. I don’t know if they will continue with 3 releases a year now, or if next year, the cab will just be included in either the spring or fall release.

Exactly though. If they brought it into the stable I feel like it should be offered with other wines. I haven’t had this and would not buy six or more bottles. Maybe two. But Turley is a bit high on their shipping prices for me. So I won’t order two bottles.

The Label was offered for two vintages, not one. The first vintage was no better than a $15 wine. Fool me once…

I’ve always thought Turley was inexpensive on their shipping. $6 a bottle is cheap when you buy 2-6 bottles compared to a flat rate of $30-$40 for others in this range.

+1. I tasted the first vintage at the pick-up party. I could do much better for $20, let alone $45. I haven’t had the second or third round, though. Things may have changed.

$72 per case is cheap?

I’ve seen the vines and know the team. I’m looking forward to this wine, which I feel is on the ascent. I only buy a handful of cabs and I’m happy to include this one.

Have you had either of the previous two vintages or are you going on faith?

I purchased and have tasted both of the previous vintages.

I have yet to try this wine, maybe this is the time if the price doesn’t go up.

The first one was bad. I didn’t even try the second.

I didn’t try the second. Was it better than the first? I’d love what I imagine a Turley CS would be like, but the '10 (was that vintage one?) was just boring.

The '10 turned me off of the bottling. It was nowhere near worth the price we paid. Frankly I feel like we got completely fleeced on that one, and it has left a really bad taste.

The team is a bunch of really good people. I am certain of that. But they royally screwed people with the '10.

You missed my point. I’ve never bought a case of anything, so for someone who only buys a few bottles at a time, I’d rather pay $6 a bottle shipping, than $40 flat rate regardless of quantity. At $40 flat rate, you would have to order 7 bottles or more before that would be cheaper.

I also bought 6 of the first vintage. It was a bad wine, candied and flabby. I hope the more recent vintages are better.

George