this just in... SQN Stockholm Syndome

His labels are always so interesting

yup, that’s why I shoot & share them

These are the EBA wines, right?

I wonder when the less exalted wines will ship

Yup, the “fancy box” red wines and the white blend

I assumed this was a reference to people who have learned to love being on the list for years without getting anything.

Not really Jay (as a former member of that group) Purely just getting excited about a wine delivery…

I also posted them to Cellartracker even though I don’t use the service much…

Next shipment is probably April.

Wow - I like these quite a bit!!

Mel - thanks for the pics. Mine ship to offsite storage and I won’t get over there until the weekend.

Thanks for posting! Love the labels.

[winner.gif]

[welldone.gif]

Thanks for the Pics Mel.

I hope Manfred knows how much his efforts with the labels are appreciated - must take enormous time and effort…but it adds an intangible for me that is fun and whimsical - adds personality in an unusual way.

Of course some people might think this is all schtick (it isn’t since he has been doing it since day 1 in the early 90s before reviews/distribution), but I have no doubt that the proof will clearly also be in the bottle when I go to open them (hard not to drool in anticipation with two 100pt reviews for the reds and a 97pt review for the white).

Truth be told, I bet he cares at least as much about the labels as he does about the wine. Manfred is an artist (and, I believe, Elaine is as well) and has been much longer than he has been a wine maker. I am sure he takes enormous pains to express himself visually in his art, whether it appears on a wall of on an SQN label.

Isn’t the photo in the upper half of the bottle on the right (the Grenache, I gather), a still from the famous/infamous Bunuel film, “Un Chien Andalou?”

Bruce

not just a still, but the lobby card, if I am not mistaken. Buñuel and Dali

I wonder if Manfred would even think to make these into posters or place on a t-shirt. Some would be quite cool to wear.

Though there are full size originals and plates, I don’t think he has made posters. He did do the a Poker Face tee shirt a number of years ago, which was pretty cool.

Right. As far as I know, the Poker Face t-shirt was the only official SQN t-shirt made available to folks on the list. I seem to recall some rumor/discussion of a cocktail table book with collected
labels & art…

Bruce

He did mention the book, which would be great. http://www.winespectator.com/blogs/show/id/49553

Still wear the Poker Face shirt regularly. Would love more