'12 Turley, Kirschenmann, Lodi

Thanks to Berry I got 4 of these beauties, although I’m now down to 3. [cheers.gif] This also completes my collection of Bedrock, Carlisle, Turley versions of this vineyard.
If served blind I’d probably have guessed CdPape. The aromatic profile is a potpourri of herbs and spices with some wild berries hiding underneath. Again spicy on the palate although I do get that briary berry core that Zinfandel can have. No heaviness, though, and that is what makes this vineyard so special. Wonderful length and a great match to the food at a tiny local sushi place (Shikibu).
A recent Bedrock was similar, but maybe a little less complex. I haven’t tried the Carlisle version since our grand 2012 tasting earlier this year, but now I’m tempted to open one of my two bottles if I can find them.

Love this wine but don’t think I’d confuse it with CNdP. I felt it had more of a strawberry, briary note with a beautiful perfume and more on the elegant side of zin.

[cheers.gif]

Well, I haven’t bought CdP in about 14 years so the style might be different now.

Mmmmmmmmmmm!!
image.jpg

Brian…very much appreciate the choice of stem for a Kirschenmann.

We used Schott-Zwiesel Burg glasses. That’s my choice for Turley in general.

Funny that first time I tasted the Bedrock version, I said “like CdP, but without the heat.” [highfive.gif]