TN: 2005 Pierre Péters Champagne Grand Cru Cuvée Speciale Blanc de Blancs Les Chetillons

• 2005 Pierre Péters Champagne Grand Cru Cuvée Speciale Blanc de Blancs Les Chetillons - France, Champagne, Le Mesnil Sur Oger, Champagne Grand Cru (10/24/2014)
    Been about a year and a half since my last bottle of this……and it looks like the intense freshness is still there, along with a little more complexity. If you are a bubble decanter, i’d do it with this one…otherwise let it open for awhile….very intense citrus cut! Crisp orchard fruit, green apple, pear…bright lemon citrus, ginger ale freshness. Bubbles are on full dance mode…nice airy ginger vanilla mousse, with some truffle now sneaking in, along with the sea salted caramel. The tastiest part is the white flower/ honeysuckle florals and chalky minerals….balanced well with sweet fruit, acidity and lees. Again….Louis Carillon BBM with bubbles! Great stuff! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

That looks tasty Buzz. I’ve never had the Chetillons myself but do have 4 of the 06 in my cellar.

Thanks for the tn. I bought 2 of the 06 last week.

Nice, I have more Chetilllons than any other ‘prestige’ cuvee. The 05 is a little weaker than average but a fine wine.

I’ve only had a few '05s but some have been a little sub-par. That chetillons looks so good though.

Love this stuff, trying to keep my hands off the small amount I have…thx for the great note.