Friday night pizza TNs: a trio of 2010 Chianti's

Somewhat one-dimensional on the palate - nothing objectionable, but also nothing really to take note of either. Almost a bit dilute as well, which is hard to reconcile given the nose.

A little strange on the palate, with what I can only describe right now as an iodine-like note. Perhaps the most balanced of the three wines on the palate right now, but I wouldn’t call any of these wines “home runs”.

Tart red fruits on the palate; a little disjointed out of the gate, with prominent acidity. So-so at first glance.

Posted from CellarTracker

so-so. How was the pizza?

It’s still dough right now - I was opening up the vino to give them a little air, so maybe an unfair first look, and if anything significant changes, I will post accordingly [cheers.gif] . I’m not sure my better half is ready for a Pobega-style pizza competition, but her quattro formaggi version has certainly up’ed her game recently, so while not quite Major League’s a la Berserker, she could be pitching quite well at the Trenton Thunder level right now!

Enjoy!

What a coincidence! I ordered a sheet pizza tonight but instead of Chianti opened an Occipinti Frappato, which was excellent indeed.

Yeah, these never really hit the spot, and the Castello di Bossi was the worst of the three. The only wine I would pick out as a Chianti blind was the Castagnoli, which is light-bodied and a little disjointed right now, but seems to have the requisite elements in place. My better half and I were in agreement on these in terms of their relative appeal (or lack thereof).

Sorry the wines were a bummer this time around. But, I love your pizza night posts…keep 'em coming, Bob.