TN: 2010 Comm. G.B. Burlotto Barolo Vigneto Cannubi (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

• 2010 Comm. G.B. Burlotto Barolo Vigneto Cannubi - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (10/22/2014)
    The importer had a few of these so thought I would take a look again to decide if I should stock up on some more.
    Jaw dropping power though on this showing beautifully proportioned and balanced, a complex and complete wine. Where you would find roses and tar there is a much more reserved and dusty “metal road” impression that reminds me of driving in remote parts of the Coromandel where blackberries and manuka line the roads. The tannins seem to be bound to the savoury dry fruit which end in a clean mineral finish. I think I will get the remaining 3 bottles. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Happy to have a good stash of these…have a hunch I’ll like this more than the MV.

Robert, not sure if you are a burg guy but this it more Gevrey while the MV more Chambolle.

I had to look this one up. I’m assuming you mean the one in NZ and not India but the manuka reference?

nice note Mike

Hi Mike, nice imagery, in summer time for sure for the blackberries. There also must be an incessant background noise of cicadas going on as well!

I got some of the Monvigliero but not the Cannubi (trying cut back on purchases)…

Brodie

Markus, yes NZ, the Peninsula east of Auckland known here as the Coromandel. Not normally on the tourist map but popular with the locals - great boating out from Whitianga in the Mercury Bay http://www.thecoromandel.com/
Suzanne, thanks, was drinking on my own (wife on afd) so have 1/2 bottle left for tonight. Will post an update, I expect it may have closed, we will see.
Brodie, yes, cicadas and hippies selling fruit, veges and manuka honey from roadside stores, Wilderland? does it still exist?
The MV is all gone, I did get some on first offer. Still happy to get more of the Cunnubi. Have not bought much else recently.

Thanks for the comparison…definitely a Burg guy and what you say rang true for me when tasting the Monvigliero.

Rather than becoming more closed it opened and the structure softened, tannins more refined and fruit coming forward. If 2010 is typical Burlotto I am a huge fan. Cheers Mike

Mike I bought a 6 pack based on your note. (cost was under $50.00 per bottle)

Good buying. I look forward to a tasting note.