2007 Fevre

Had a look at three 2007 Fevre bottling over the past week. The Fourchaume was decidedly tropical with a pleasant guava fruit note. It also had some mint and a sprinkling of salt to the finish. Flavours were underpinned by a streak of minerally acidity. The Montee de Tonnerre is like river rocks drizzled with honey. There are pure citrus and mineral traits and it finishes with good cut. The Vaudesir is a clear notch up on the two 1er Crus. It is still very tight and focussed with a suggestion of white flowers, plenty of iodine action and a big squeeze of citrus. It is so direct and compact and has squint inducing acidity.

Thanks for the update. They all sound good to me though it is nice to know the Vaudesir is a GC step up.

LOVE 07 white burgs…LOVE Fevre…concur! That MontM shines!! [cheers.gif]

• 2007 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (7/17/2014)
    Dinner at Galletto’s (Galletto Ristorante, Modesto Ca.): Decanted for a couple hours…started out with wonderful ripe and creamy peach, green apple fruit…laser beam citrus, sea minerality….later into the night, it plumped up even more, and started showing some buttery notes, not ox.…but still great chalky salty minerals, lemon/lime lift, great tasty Chablis! (94 pts.)
  • 2007 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (11/26/2013)
    Slight golden yellow with a ton of green…shy nose of lemon/lime sea spray, limestone chalk, melon, green apple skin. Ahhh…GC weight and cream…yet sharp as a tack with citrus and crushed minerals! Smooth and creamy…think green apples with exotic white honey cream cheese……pure balanced fruit…killer chalk and spice! LOVE it when you get the lemon/lime and salty sea chalkiness! Long creamy floral and mineral finish…plenty here to go further as long as the pox stays away. Love these 07 white burgs! (95 pts.)
  • 2007 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis 1er Cru Montmains - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (4/4/2012)
    I don’t know what it was with this wine tonight…but it was absolutely singing!! Wonderful purity, crystalline…just loaded with the right ripeness of fruit, dancing hand to hand with crisp lemon/lime, green apple skin acidity. Beautiful blossom, lilac florals…and to make it known where we are…a sea full of crushed shells and stones…chalk dust spice. We killed this bottle very quickly…stunning! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

For some reason, I have in my cellar, Fevre GC & PC’s from 05,06,08,10, and 11 but no 2007’s of any sort. From the 07 notes I have seen posted the last 24 mos, this looks to be a mistake on my part.

Hi Dale, the 07’s were great though I have been drinking a few 05’s recently that have impressed. Also 2010 is likely to be the best of your vintages followed by 07, 05, 08 and then 06, not had any 11’s so expect they will fit in there somewhere?

Timely thread, just had a 2007 Fevre les Lys tonight. Definitely no Grand Cru power here, this is more on the lighter, elegant side, but noteworthy I think for the delicacy of the aromas and the palate texture. I think maybe the Les Lys is a step up from some of the other Premier Cru from the same side of the river like the Vaillons.

Never been a big fan of the Fevre Fourchaume, which struck me as overly tropical in their signature…

Thanks for the note Carl. Picked up some of the 2007 les Lys from Premier Cru’s RSS feed the other day (in stock!). Looks like they still have some available if anyone’s interested. https://www.premiercru.net/premier/shop/WineDetails.do?wineId=39121

thanks for the heads up. Les Lys is definitely an under the radar quality buy, esp in 2007. personally I don’t have a problem with fourchaume. I primarily like it for early consumption in years like 08, 10, 12.