TN: 2009 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah Sonoma Coast

• 2009 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (10/20/2014)
    3 years since my last bottle, now my final bottle. Just drinking beautifully and shows way above it’s price. Fruit is on the forefront as the tannins have integrated nicely. Lovely aromatics. Not sure it will stay this balanced for the long haul though. May want to drink sooner than later.

Posted from CellarTracker

We just had one and both Mel & I commented that it was our least favorite BR Syrah to date. Suspect it was better a year or two ago.

Well…think you can pretty much say that about any Bedrock wine, Brian. I should crack one of mine. Thanks for the TN.
Tom

Really, could it have been an off bottle? I know our palates aren’t that far off. [scratch.gif]

Thanks for the note as I have one left as well. I think I had my first within a year of receiving it and wasn’t sure what to make of it; I could have sworn it was Cab—it was structured like that. I have a special dinner this week where I might pour a couple of vintages of Bedrock OVZ, and maybe I will include this.

I have one or two more Brian and we will get to them this winter. Once done in OR today it is BR reshuffling day in the cellar.

We also cracked this one last week, and it was awesome right away…could easily stand up in a tasting with Syrahs 2 or 3 times the price.

One left myself. Might be time to try it. Thanks for the note.

Uncorked a 2010 as it’s lunchtime and rainy, plus vacation is imminent. Tons of luscious smoky olive depth, like eating tapenade off a day-shift stripper.

That rivals the recent Bedrock tasting note on Female Russian beet farmers. Let’s see if Morgan is willing to use this one in a newsletter.

Nice! That is a visual that requires some pondering! Thanks Doc! [cheers.gif]

Is that mold on the label?

I was thinking the same thing, sure looks like it.

I am not challenging, just interested. Why do you say this?

I just felt that the fruit was more powerful than the acid and tannin moving forward. Tannins seemed be be resolved and personally I think it may come across too extracted if they fade any further. Hope that helps. Of course YMMV.

Yes it is. Seems as though I have a moisture issue in that wine fridge. Not going to affect the wine in the bottle though so I wasn’t concerned. I cleaned the neck before opening/pouring.

Time to swap out the filter… maybe give it a little concrobium treatment. Stuff works pretty good.

Enjoying the '12 tonight. Amazing value, showing depth, varietal character, great balance, lively acidity and lifted spice additions on the refreshing finish. Morgan rocks!

Thanks for the note Brian. I’m still sitting on 4 of these. Probably should move one to the front of the queue.